Blankments

WKND Est. - Hobbit 56M, NATM 17M, Annie 16M, Exodus 8M, Mockingjay 7M, John Wick 115K, Interview 0M

LOTR Return of the King had some good moments but over all it was too dragging at the end. Am I the only one? I saw the Hobbit BOTFA yesterday, it didn't have the emotional impact of LOTR but much better in terms of phasing.

By the way, LOTR over all > Harry Potter. However, Harry Potter's last movie > LOTR Return of the King.

It looks like Big Eyes is getting a wide release on Christmas.

With The Interview gone, this is what we're left with:

Into the Woods
Unbroken

The Gambler

Big Eyes

The Imitation Game (expansion should be big enough to be called wide)

It looks like Big Eyes is getting a wide release on Christmas.

With The Interview gone, this is what we're left with:

Into the Woods

Unbroken

The Gambler

Big Eyes

The Imitation Game (expansion should be big enough to be called wide)

The obvious demo not being targeted by any of those movies is the Male 12-34 demo which Interview, and Hot Tub Time Machine 2 before that, were targeting. Good news for Hobbit in terms of being the consensus pick for that demo, drops may be smaller for it. Either Interview or HTTM2 would have, at max, made 25-30M over the 4 day (with the press it got, Interview could have easily exceeded that had it released), that money will now go to Hobbit mainly.

The final middle earth movie (for now) opened, and we could not even get this thread past 30 pages. The box office is truly dead right now. Wonder if Star Wars 7 will have 300 pages this time next year.

People just don't care anymore. Once the mixed reviews came out for the first the buzz for the whole project just faded away. I saw them mostly out of a feeling of obligation.

This forum's probably going to be pretty dead for the next month or so unless any of the Oscar bait breaks out. February's when it gets kinda interesting again.

People just don't care anymore. Once the mixed reviews came out for the first the buzz for the whole project just faded away. I saw them mostly out of a feeling of obligation.

This forum's probably going to be pretty dead for the next month or so unless any of the Oscar bait breaks out. February's when it gets kinda interesting again.

Let's get ready

825654747527674796.gif

• Like 1