Lordmandeep

Jackson's LOTR Triogy vs Nolans Batman Triolgy

Jackson's LOTR Triogy vs Nolans Batman Triolgy  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Jackson's LOTR Triogy vs Nolans Batman Triolgy

• LOTR Trilogy
    • Nolan's Batman Trilogy

When we consider the competition objectively and compare the impact on the industry, the critical reception and the financial success, LOTR is obviously much ahead of Nolan's batman trilogy.

TDK is my fav among the six tho.

Edited by vc2002

Pretty equal to me but I gotta say Batman. It's more embedded into my childhood. I had wonderful theater experiences with all 3 (6th,9th, and freshman in college) I grew up anticipating them. With LOTR however I was too young 8,9,10 when they came out and I never saw them in theaters. It wasn't until later that I grew fond of them.

TDK is excellent, Batman Begins is very good, TDKR is...well, TDKR...but I'm going to have to cast my vote for LOTR. I was a couple weeks away from my 14th birthday when I saw FOTR, and this trilogy was a major part of my cinematic coming-of-age.

Back in '99, before The Phantom Menace actually came out, I had thought the Star Wars prequel trilogy would become my generation's Star Wars trilogy. But even just after seeing FOTR, it became clear to me that LOTR was destined to assume that mantle.

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

pleasantly surprised by the results  ;)

LOTR trilogy easily, and I'm honestly surprised it's leading in this poll given the Nolan bukkake that goes on in this forum.

same same

I thought it would be like the opposite in %

Edited by Lady of Lorien

It won't if you don't look for politics that aren't there. 

it isn't what is made explicit that is important in determining the moral value of popular entertainment. in fact, the reproduction of mainstream ideology will always be more invisible than clear-cut evil, which makes it all the more insidious.

it isn't what is made explicit that is important in determining the moral value of popular entertainment. in fact, the reproduction of mainstream ideology will always be more invisible than clear-cut evil, which makes it all the more insidious.

You can see evil lurking anywhere if you only look hard enough. Doesn't mean it's actually there.

I can honestly say I haven't watched half of Nolan's films half as much as you would like and I like less than half of them half as much as you feel they deserve.

BILBO BAGGINS. DO NOT TAKE ME AS SOME CONJUROR OF CHEAP OPINIONS. I'm trying to help you

• Like 2