LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/24 | Hobbit $6M, NATM $2.8M

Into the Woods will come in below expectations because there is too much kids/family fare competing against it (Museum, Annie, Big Hero 6).  I would go with a 4 day total in the upper 30s.

What is interesting about ITW is that the trailers/marketing have focused on Streep instead of Kendrick.  Streep isn't a box office draw.  Kendrick would appeal more to girls b/c of the Pitch Perfect fanbase (DVD sales of Pitch Perfect are very high).  The Giver flopped.

All those family films are either flopping or winding down their runs. 

Streep is a bigger draw than Kendrick LOL. 

Into the Woods will come in below expectations because there is too much kids/family fare competing against it (Museum, Annie, Big Hero 6).  I would go with a 4 day total in the upper 30s.

What is interesting about ITW is that the trailers/marketing have focused on Streep instead of Kendrick.  Streep isn't a box office draw.  Kendrick would appeal more to girls b/c of the Pitch Perfect fanbase (DVD sales of Pitch Perfect are very high).  The Giver flopped.

Because Streep is a living legend (who has won a third Oscar and headlined four $90M+ grossers within the past decade). Once again, you completely fail in your trolling.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Lolololol.

Trolls be trollin.  Was Pitch Perfect a sleeper hit?  Sure.  Do I love Kendrick and wish to marry her?  Yep.  Does she even scratch the surface on the accomplishments of Streep or what her name brings to a film?  Hell no.

And a 4 day total in the upper 30's would not be below expectations, it would be quite good.

Edited by RyneOh1040

Of course Streep is a living legend.  But tell that to Daniel Day-Lewis and the box office total of "Nine."  I would have had the movie posters include the faces of both Streep and Kendrick 50/50.  

Finally starting to understand what white girls mean when they say 'I can't' because I can't with that logic.

• Like 1

Into the Woods is pretty much sold out in the big cinemas in LA the whole day, this is gonna be big and it was from the beginning, how would this bomb? It only cost 50Mio to start with...

Remember, Les Miserables only opened in 2800 theaters, too and I don't even think it's a bad Idea to release it that limited, as it might help WOM. Remember what a sold out theater does to the atmosphere? Well, there are gonna be a lot of full houses today, just like it should be in a musical theater.

I find it difficult to believe that Gambler has a budget of only 800,000.  Marky Mark's ego is too big to accept such a small salary.  I would have guessed a budget of 5-10 million.

They all try to find their "oscar movie".

I bet he has a backend deal

Into the Woods is pretty much sold out in the big cinemas in LA the whole day, this is gonna be big and it was from the beginning, how would this bomb? It only cost 50Mio to start with...

Remember, Les Miserables only opened in 2800 theaters, too and I don't even think it's a bad Idea to release it that limited, as it might help WOM. Remember what a sold out theater does to the atmosphere? Well, there are gonna be a lot of full houses today, just like it should be in a musical theater.

I read 40 mill

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING WHAT THE FUCK AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.

• Like 1

I can't even with that streep shade right now. Goddess is a box office draw; She has a built-in audience and that's why she's headlining the movie.

Also yeah... It's doing. Very well in the cities; although I'm slightly concerned that it's only in 3 theatres in Vancouver although one's the Scotiabank that turns out big grosses.

• Like 2

The Gambler is going to bomb.  I don't know what its actual production budget is, so maybe it won't actually lose any money.  But it will come in below expectations.  Flixster score is bad and I don't see how Marky Mark's fanbase would care to see him as an English professor.

I find it difficult to believe that Gambler has a budget of only 800,000.  Marky Mark's ego is too big to accept such a small salary.  I would have guessed a budget of 5-10 million.

Of course Streep is a living legend.  But tell that to Daniel Day-Lewis and the box office total of "Nine."  I would have had the movie posters include the faces of both Streep and Kendrick 50/50.  

tumblr_inline_ngb31i8uoy1t6vpn5.gif

• Like 1