LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/24 | Hobbit $6M, NATM $2.8M

So if Unbroken had a 85%, suddenly critics would be cool and right again?

They would be better. But I don't pay attention to reviews. Never read 'em except for movies I'm looking forward to and they consistently disappoint me with holier than thou attitude towards film.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 2

But look at 2003. Almost everything increased on Friday.

Most things decreased in 2008, though.

Actually this year feels a lot like '08. There's a broad slate of films and while none are breaking out huge, there seems to be enough business to make a number of them successful.

• Like 2

Critics are worthless because they're worthless. They do this for a living. Cynical is a massive understatement.

They are generally pretty accurate, as is the Flixster audience score.  Accurate as long as the audience listening to them is at least about 17 years old and past the "Grown Ups 3/Paul Blart Mall Cop 3" maturity level.

I really am hardly ever in line with critics though. I hate marvel shit which they splooge over (low bar?), you couldn't pay me to see Selma/12 Years, list goes on.

You're sounding like a holier than thou critic right there.

• Like 1

However critics sometimes miss that audiences sometimes connect to a movie emotionally and forget whatever "technical" mistakes were made.

I think a good example this year is Interstellar and classic example is Gladiator. 

• Like 5

Whatever ladies. I don't care about your opinion either.

Let's bring on the numbers.

Calling us ladies?  Are you a little sexist?  That's kind of derogatory.  I noticed that you said that you will never see Selma, so we know you might be racist and only like White male heroes, but now we know you are sexist, too.  Wonderful.