LexJoker

Wednesday #s 12/24 | Hobbit $6M, NATM $2.8M

The movie posters for Mamma Mia has many faces on them.  Amanda Seyfried is just as prominent on them as Streep.  Movie poster for Julia and Julia is both Streep and Adams.  Movie poster for Devil is both Streep and Hathaway.  Movie poster for Hope Springs is both Streep and Baldwin.  

You are a funny dude. 

Also, Baldwin isn't on Hope Springs ;)

• Like 1

The movie posters for Mamma Mia has many faces on them.  Amanda Seyfried is just as prominent on them as Streep.  Movie poster for Julia and Julia is both Streep and Adams.  Movie poster for Devil is both Streep and Hathaway.  Movie poster for Hope Springs is both Streep and Baldwin.  

Posters are not the end all, be all in marketing movies, you know.

The theaters here in town had 7pm shows for both the holdovers and the movies that are opening today. That was pretty much the limit though. No 9pms or 10pms or midnights.

OK, that doesn't seem so unreasonable. I wouldn't want to go to the movies then but not everyone celebrates or has a big family thing planned.

LOL at Meryl Streep not being a box office draw but Anna Kendrick is. Cute.

• Like 1

If Hobbit 3 follows Return of the King pattern during the holiday dailys, and so far its doing it, it will be around 220m at the end of the weekend of 2-4 Jan. Desolation had 229m at the same time but coming from a smaller weekend and some middle January weekend drops bigger than expected, So chances of outgross DOS are clearly there. Now it needs an increase of 85% on Thursday, or 11.4m.

• Like 3

Unbroken vs Into The Woods! 

smh i have to go to the 4pm showing of into the woods bc the 1pm showing sold out..

ugh we didnt know into the woods was sold out bc @Fandango is down. annie it is.

seeing into the woods!!! i literally got the top row center seat & its sold out 1f495.png1f495.png

Just kidding. Into the woods was totally sold out. Guess everyone else was tired of talking to their families too

Here we are at the cinema, and "Into The Woods" is SOLD OUT!!! We are despondent and settling for the Museum movie.

Here we are at the cinema, and "Into The Woods" is SOLD OUT!!! We are despondent and settling for the Museum movie.

So sad into the woods was sold out, but I get to see the hunger games again!!!

So Into the Woods is sold out all day so not seeing it.

Tried to see into the woods but it was sold out1f629.png1f629.png1f62d.png1f62d.png

Into the woods is sold out in every theater all day -_-

we were late to the movie and it was sold out so I can't go see into the woods :(((

So INTO THE WOODS was completely sold out. No movie today for me, I guess.

Update: Into the Woods Regal sold out. Amy's hair is singeing. John instructed me to stay far away. Moving on to Rave.

Great. Into the Woods is completely sold out. Grrrreeeaaat.

they were sold out of into the woods tickets wtf jesus didn't die for this

"Into The Woods" at The Ziegfeld. Sold out.

Dang. Wanted to go see Into the Woods but it's sold out here for all the early freakin showings 1f61e.png

Tried to see Into the Woods but the next four showings were sold out. We're out of the woods.

Do you think there's any other city where Into the Woods is the only sold out movie today? #merryjewishchristmas

Went to go see Into The Woods.....sold out. Yay......

Into the woods sold out. I knew I should have seen this first. Fuck.

INTO THE WOODS IS SOLD OUT. #noooooo #christmastragedy

Unbroken just became Into the Woods since it was completely sold out..

The only thing I was gonna do today was see Into the Woods and it's sold out all day -_-

into the woods is sold out at every movie theater nearby, THIS IS THE WORST

• Like 6

Avoiding woods and unbroken today by booking my ticket for Imitation game! Hoping I like it.

Seems like really good numbers all things considering for the level these films are at for the 24th and holy crap at the preview numbers for both woods and unbroken that's awesome.

@KGood77: I don't think I've ever seen a movie where the entire audience claps afterwards. Unbroken was an amazing movie. Highly recommend

@AdamDSchick: Huge crowd at the 3:40 showing of #Unbroken is a clear sign that people got tired of their families very early in the day this year!

@_Coffman_: Just watched "Unbroken." Theater crowd gave it a round of applause. Go see it!

@jennauher: #Unbroken -- one of the most raw, but fantastic movies I've ever seen. Real eye opener. WOW

• Like 1