#ED

American Sniper (2014)

American Sniper  

89 members have voted

1. 1. American Sniper

Did you guys even read what lisa said?

I disagree with her on a lot of things, but she makes complete sense in this case. I'm not sure how she's talking crap.

I don't remember watching AS and thinking, 'wow, this really justifies torture'

• Like 3

I haven't seen Come and See and she may very well be correct about it, but just because this film isn't quite as relentless as that one supposedly is in showing the horrors of war doesn't mean it isn't still an anti-war film. I don't know how anyone can come out of this saying they'd want Kyle's job.

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 5

Did I miss a torture scene in this movie? How in the fuck does AS justify torture when the Americans don't use torture in the film???

I guess they mildly torture the dude that offers info regarding The Butcher. They more so threaten than anything though. Sheesh. Just playing back to the plot of this stale, G.I. Joe trash bores me. What a shit script. Should let one of the guys that co-authored his book write it. Rehashing some of the duller moments has me dropping it to a C- and it's getting closer to a D.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

I guess they mildly torture the dude that offers info regarding The Butcher. They more so threaten than anything though. Sheesh. Just playing back to the plot of this stale, G.I. Joe trash bores me. What a shit script. Should let one of the guys that co-authored his book write it. Rehashing some of the duller moments has me dropping it to a C- and it's getting closer to a D.

Talking aggressively asking questions is hardly torture. 

• Like 5

If Bcoop doesn t win the oscar, it will be a travesty. Look at this Actor s studio thumb acting, it makes plastic baby comes alive like a full realized character.

That s subtle acting right there.

rcrNFHM.jpg

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 5