baumer

Baumer's/Tele's/Chas' 25 films that have brainwashed people into mindless adulation (Tele pg 26)

I should say that I like Chicago a lot. yeah, yeah it's Fosse-lit, but Fosse is still the shit. we need more of that.

I hate everything Rob Marshall does...

So I avoided Into the Woods.

• Like 2

Depp bashing is easy and I expected to hate it but for the role of PEDOWOLF he was well suited and did as admirable a job as he possibly could have for what was like a 3 minute role.

I actually did like him, kind of reminded me of his role in Sweeney Todd. Maybe Depp is best a playing sociopaths in Sondheim musicals.

• Like 3

THe Harry Potter films frustrated me as I felt each installment just got better and better and better until the Deathly Hallows installments that were so dull, bloated and tedium inducing that it ruined 10 years of enjoying a film franchise because it will be hard to really watch any of the good films again knowing that they'll eventually lead me to the awfulness at the last hurdle. 

I call this irrititating condition Return of the King Syndrome.

• Like 2

[there will be blood] and [the godfather] 1/2 are great, [full metal jacket] is very good, everything else i've seen is passable at best. so i've liked a lot of movies on a baumer list. :o

not counting the potters, i haven't seen them in ages and i'm sure i wouldn't care about them if i saw them again.

• Like 1

For Halloween, a group of my friends watched The Exorcist. It was not scary at all, but for some reason one of my friends got scared by the film. I was like what the fuck? Are you fucking kidding me? This movie is not scary? Anyway, I don't watch horror films. Not my thing, but The Exorcist is a pretty crappy film. I will give you that. And, I still don't see how anyone can get scared by it. Though, for what it is worth, my friend also liked TF2 and TASM2, so yah, that should tell you everything you need to know.

• Like 2

[there will be blood] and [the godfather] 1/2 are great, [full metal jacket] is very good, everything else i've seen is passable at best. so i've liked a lot of movies on a baumer list. :o

What madness is this? They aren't foreign films, they aren't about obscure tea-leaf harvesting or yak-hair weaving, and some of them even involve action and VFX.

• Like 4

Here's what's left:

A woman who says fuck in every sentence of the film

A pet Rock

Space, the final frontier and a vast wasteland polluted

and a film with one of the worst female performances of all time

10) JJ's Star Trek's:  I'm not a trekky.  But I know that these two films are nothing like what Roddenberry started with.  In the Nimoy/Shatner shows, Star Trek explored a lot more complex human issues and it delved into our psyche and explored sociological and philosophical commentary.  It was character driven, not effects driven.  Like the Hobbitses films, Star Trek ignores Ian Malcolm's observation that says that just because you can doesn't mean you should.  There's only one movie left on this list where that thought applies to more than this.  Basically these films are just CGI fests more reminiscent of a pinball game where you can go tilt.  People can do anything in these films because the computers allow them to.  In the 60's, maybe it was comical to see James T Kirk fighting a man in a monster suit or to see him have sex with a green woman only to have to dodge a giant prop boulder than looked like it was made out of paper-mache, but we accepted it and liked it because we were invested in the story and the characters.  That investment is non existent in these films.  They are cold, bleak, wonderful to look at and completely void of any character development.  The story is told through the CGI masters.  Zachary Quinto tries his best to channel Spock and he does a decent job but the rest of it is just white noise...static that used to come from your TV in the 70's when that station signed off for the night.  Abrams signed off on these films, collected a paycheck and then got in line for the Star Wars job.  He's lucky Spielberg likes him, he at least has another 7-10 years to make people forget about how truly awful the Star Trek films are.   

star-trek-into-darkness-trailer-learned-

Alice-Eve.jpg

I have to disagree about 09, it most certainly did have character development, it did it well too.

• Like 5

How does Voldefart die?  Only ever saw the first 4 movies a loooong time ago.

he gets sniped by mercenaries.

Seriously ive never understood why no-one bothered with guns in harry potter, lets see Voldemort expelliarmus his way out of a bullet.

• Like 2

he gets sniped by mercenaries.

Seriously ive never understood why no-one bothered with guns in harry potter, lets see Voldemort expelliarmus his way out of a bullet.

Lol, they have protection spells.

Also, Baumer - Potter, really?

m_cdb54889a85d41148ee8c91a5d55603d.gif

Why isn't SW on the list? :P  It is certainly worthy of No. 1.

• Like 3