LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

More like sad. That my country cares so much about gun toting snipers and so little about equality for human beings. The former is a box office draw, the latter isn't. Says it all really.

Yeah it is pretty sad. Society in general is so blood thirsty. 

So what was the movie that made Mickey Rourke lose the Oscar? I remember him winning everything only to lose in the Oscars night to Sean Penn. 

Sean Penn sent Marlboro Man screeners out to the voters

• Like 1

So what was the movie that made Mickey Rourke lose the Oscar? I remember him winning everything only to lose in the Oscars night to Sean Penn. 

Penn won SAG.

Even after Norbit's release two weeks before the ceremony, everyone thought it wouldn't effect Murphy, until he lost on the big night.

• Like 1

More like sad. That my country cares so much about gun toting snipers and so little about equality for human beings. The former is a box office draw, the latter isn't. Says it all really.

Or maybe American Sniper just looked more interesting and was better marketed?

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

Penn won SAG.

Even after Norbit's release two weeks before the ceremony, everyone thought it wouldn't effect Murphy, until he lost on the big night.

Even then it just felt like people desperately looking for an excuse beyond the obvious. Arkin won the bafta and that's as telling for upsets as anything. pre-oscars, Adrien Brody only won the bafta, as did tilda swinton.

We get it Blank, Lego got snubbed. Get to acceptance faster

LocnessDesignsdotcom.jpg

Denial:

I'm actively praying that the other parts of the Academy nominated LEGO for Best Picture because COME ON

Anger:

I'm seriously just gonna have to shut off the TV and leave the room during Animated Feature being announced; I'm gonna break down like I did at the Globes when LEGO lost

Bargaining:

Honestly, I wouldn't have minded if the positions were switched and LEGO was only nominated for Animated Feature with Dragon 2 only being nominated for Song but NOPE

Depression:

• Like 2

Penn won SAG.

If I remember correctly, Murphy was so upset that he totally lost it and left the ceremony shortly after.

What the fuck....

This is going to be a top 5 rated R opening weekend of all time?

With this and 50 shades in a couple weeks it's gonna be a good year for it. it's probably wishful thinking to believe it'll lead to an r-rated tentpole or two in the future.

• Like 1

Just saw the Friday numbers. I involuntarily screamed "JESUS CHRIST." Good lord...$30M? I can't tell you the last time a Friday number made me shout without even meaning to!

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

With this and 50 shades in a couple weeks it's gonna be a good year for it. it's probably wishful thinking to believe it'll lead to an r-rated tentpole or two in the future.

American Sniper 2

Starring Tom Berenger, Jude Law, and Bradley Cooper in the Sniper Cinematic Universe

• Like 7

Whether or not they portrayed Chris Kyle as he really was in real life is of absolutely no interest to me. I just think the movie is an interesting ptsd study. same deal with LBJ in Selma. really can't care. I know how to watch movies properly.

• Like 1

Or maybe American Sniper just looked more interesting and was better marketed?

Oh it was better marketed for sure, that I'll give you. Of course it was likely afforded the money for marketing that Selma never was. And that alone is sad that Selma was not considered "appealing" enough to invest more of a marketing push in, but Sniper was. I'm sure the man in American Sniper did important things for the military and country. I don't need to see it though to know that his story is not nearly as important to tell right now as MLK's. The Ferguson incident is proof that a large chunk of American are forgetting or brushing aside the importance of race equality, and that is completely unacceptable. A biopic steeped in violence is not what people need to be associating their American patriotism with right now. Or worse, fall under the misguided patriotic notion that America is so great and we have no issues.

• Like 4