LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Tbh they dont even have to make a COD movie. They can just make a typical war movie, and just put "Call of Duty" in the title, and itll get a 70M+ OW. Just like that.

They tried something similar a couple of years ago with this movie called "Act of Valor". No idea what the plot was or anything, the entire marketing was just "This is a war movie that looks like and has a similar title to Call of Duty", it had a 12M budget, opened to 25M and ended with 70M.

Tbh they dont even have to make a COD movie. They can just make a typical war movie, and just put "Call of Duty" in the title, and itll get a 70M+ OW. Just like that.

Rerelease Fury as Call of Duty: Fury and they'd easily pull in another 100m

• Like 2

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare live action trailer was directed by Peter Berg and starred Taylor Kitsch. Just saying :lol:

Which one was it that had a trailer starring Megan Fox?

Honestly just get Fox to star in the movies

Oh it was better marketed for sure, that I'll give you. Of course it was likely afforded the money for marketing that Selma never was. And that alone is sad that Selma was not considered "appealing" enough to invest more of a marketing push in, but Sniper was. I'm sure the man in American Sniper did important things for the military and country. I don't need to see it though to know that his story is not nearly as important to tell right now as MLK's. The Ferguson incident is proof that a large chunk of American are forgetting or brushing aside the importance of race equality, and that is completely unacceptable. A biopic steeped in violence is not what people need to be associating their American patriotism with right now. Or worse, fall under the misguided patriotic notion that America is so great and we have no issues.

Good post, however no society is perfect, that doesn't mean people can't enjoy movie biopic even if they feature a lot of violence.

There are more than millions of people in the U.S. and almost everyone has a different ideal and opinion. I think things like The Ferguson incident are really bad and make U.S. society look like it's crazy, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there in the country who don't like violence.

Opinions are opinions. I'm not even interested in seeing American Sniper, but if there are people out there who wanna see it, so be it, good for them. Maybe they like watching war movies.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1