LexJoker

4-Day Wknd Est: AS - 105.3M, Pad - 25.2M, TWR - 24.5M,Taken 3 - 17.44M (pg 109)

Holy moly. Why did American Sniper make so much money?.

I mean i have seen the film and thought it was amazing, one of the best i have seen in a while actually  (the 70% or whatever it is on Rotten Toms is ridiculous imo) but you wouldn't of seen this coming at all for a film like this, maybe $50mil tops but $90mil?, WOW.

"St. James Place" better have been worth it. Steven Spielberg turned down "American Sniper" and "Interstellar".

I have the feeling that it might be a good film but still not as good as the other two he turned down.

Edited by Baritone Pride

Lol is this actually happening?

I don't know if your serious but "Selma" numbers thus far is probably mostly cause of Blacks.  Sadly other races are the ones who aren't turning out as much.  Also considering the competition, that was a good hold.  People are talking sh!t about "Sniper" on twitter cause a lot of people view it as U.S. War propraganda.  Also "Selma" was robbed at the Oscars which is why they are in a huge Racial Drama now.  Also lets keep things in perspective.  "Selma" only had a 20 Million budget.  

Yeah, there is lots of hilarious stuff like "Ironic that AS is doing really well on MLK when SELMA is not.  MLK was killed by a Sniper!"  Sour grapes at its finest.

• Like 1

I have the feeling that it might be a good film but still not as good as the other two he turned down.

American Sniper and Spielberg would have been a disastrous mismatch. 

I'll always wonder what his Interstellar would have been like, though.

• Like 1

The Last Temptation of Christ had Jesus and Scorsese backing it...but it didn't take.

Whomever said it was a movie for Christians was probably right. Often filmmakers take creative liberties with the story that tend to offend Christians and lose their support in the process.

This man gets it.

They should give you back your Nolanite card. 

Wait...you want the Packers to lose.  Nevermind.

Yeah, there is lots of hilarious stuff like "Ironic that AS is doing really well on MLK when SELMA is not.  MLK was killed by a Sniper!"  Sour grapes at its finest.

I have to admit a "Sniper" movie doing well on MLK weekend isn't a really good coincidence.  But they have nothing to do with each other   I think "Sniper" is benifiting from American Patriotism more than anything. I honestly don't think it's going to do as great overseas.   Also "Twitter" is filled with Trolls, I wouldn't take a lot said on there seriously. 

• Like 1

True. Just like Christopher Reeve always had Superman and Sam Worthington will always have Avatar. All fine and dandy, and better to be a handsomely-paid player in a major blockbuster than being an unknown struggling actor who never makes it, but these people always want to be seen as having some sort of appeal beyond franchises and tentpoles. Thing is, that none of those seemed/seem to have any appeal to the masses beyond very specific roles in which, frankly, they don't have to act. All the heavy lifting is done by the special effects and the high-concept superheroics. I highly doubt that anyone goes to see  aThor movie in order to catch "the latest Chris Hemsworth" movie.

Of course they want more, they are actors at the end of the day and it's not like chris Hemsworth can't act, he's already proven he can do well in other roles even if he isn't a draw. Saying that, there's only a few draws in Hollywood, not everyone can make unappealing films become a hit, look at pitt, RDJ and smith

• Like 1

Says who?

You just have to be 17 to buy a ticket for yourself, which would put you squarely in the under 18 demo.

Well we now know it was 63% over 25 and 57% male. So clearly not a true 4 quad hit. Which again, makes its blockbuster performance more impressive not less.