antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

1 hour ago, MrHardapple said:

The first one was OK, but way overrated.

Seems like many people liked it a lot though.

First one was imho one of the best action movies since years. Fighting choreographie was awesome, one of the best in hollywood. It reminds of the asian style (  the raid, ong bak etc.). And dont forget the Ohhhh

Edited by dignam
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

^ The only problem with that scene is that it comes right after you see Wick get taken out very easily by 3 thugs with baseball bats. I get that without that there's no story, but it doesn't seem in keeping with the actions of the world's greatest assassin.

Its very easy to explain. He was still traumatized by the death of his wife. And i guess he had promised her never to kill or harm anyone again. And the dog was the last connection between him and his wife, so that he never forget the promise. But after they killed the dog, they cut off the connection to his wife and he went back to full killing mode.

If you listen carefully, you can hear that aurelio had a long pause between stealing the car and killing the dog. He and vigo knew, the problem wasnt that they stole the car, it was the death of the death of the dog and the dog was the door lock which kept baba yaga under control.

Edited by dignam
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dignam said:

Its very easy to explain. He was still traumatized by the death of his wife.

I don't buy that, but I appreciate it's a total nitpick. Maybe they could have written it that he came back home to find the dead dog, but I suppose it wouldn't have been dramatically urgent.

Anyway, who cares. Bring on the sequel.