antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

15 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Yeah, just thinking everyone did the first on the cheap-ish, and it was a nice success, so everyone gets substantial raises. Plus, it's been a big hit streaming, VOD, etc. so I think it should be in for a nice increase both DOM and OS.

Plus John Wick 2 started marketing 4-5 months before release. John Wick 1 started marketing 1 month before release.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

The director's had wanted to do a bigger car chase for a final sequence but were low on money so they did that more confined car chase instead.

According to reviews, they start off with a bigger car chase here.

I always felt they should have combined the two separate sequences where he first kills the son then the father into one big climactic ending. 

Still loved the movie though. 

4 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm about to stop listening or posting early reactions from people as they have been sort of off lately.  Might not post them unless I see it with my own eyes.  

If you are able to keep posting them, I urge you too! Doesn't really matter if they're off on occasion, do you know how many garbage box office predictions or reviews I've posted on here that ended up being completely wrong or against the concensus? Thousands! And that doesn't stop me, or any of us, from annoying our fellow BOTers with these posts! :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

The director's had wanted to do a bigger car chase for a final sequence but were low on money so they did that more confined car chase instead.

That makes sense. The finale of the the first film has a weird feeling of 'well the main bad guy's still alive, I guess we might as well finish him off too'. I hope the sequel maintains the urgency throughout this time.

On 2/2/2017 at 6:53 PM, Talkie said:

Either Collider Video or Screen Junkies said that Stahelski and the writer are pitching a series set in the John Wick universe. Lionsgate is keen on the idea and wants it developed ASAP. I vote for Lance Reddick's desk clerk as the central character, dealing with all that the assassins throw his way with Continental coolness. 

This idea at the hotel Continental is essentially the same as the bar in Deadpool. Anyone want to see an anthology around that?