antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

18 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

It sold out in my showing. Definitely gonna overperform if my area is any indication, but it is in smaller theaters.

Anyway, this was very good. The action, setpieces, cinematography, lore, acting.....all above the first. But in a way, that almost hurts it. This is a more ambitious, densely plotted movie that explores the lore in a deeper way and gives a different cast of characters with different perspectives on Wick. I admire it for that. But in doing that, it loses the inherent silliness that made John Wick 1 such ridiculous fun. John Wick was a movie about a guy who was sad over his dog dying and he decided to kill over 100 people because of it. There's no scene like "I'm THINKING I'M BACK" or when the big mob boss gets the call and shits his pants. John Wick was a far simpler movie, and it leaned more into it's B-movieness because of it. This retains alot of what made John Wick great but actually feels very, very different in structure and tone (though it's even better in terms of world-building or style). It was great and I want to see it again because it's just a great movie. But John Wick 1 had me double over whooping and cheering because it was so fun. This was better. John Wick was more fun.

yeah, definitely sounds like a Raid -> Raid 2 kind of evolution.

Though I actually liked Raid 2 more than the first. :ph34r:

• Like 2

Saw it today and it didn't disappoint in the least.:D

Was very surprised how busy it was for a 1:50 showing, about 80% full in a 350+ seat auditorium.

One of my favorite moments, after they referenced it in the last movie and again at the beginning of the 2nd movie we finally got to see John Wick...

Spoiler

kill somebody with a fucking pencil ! ! !

• Like 2

Love Keanu.  Glad this looks like it's breaking out a little.  Movie was crazy.  Think my favorite part was the Rome/catacombs scenes.  The whole getting his suits/weapons and then the action in the catacombs - just some awesome reloads and switching of weapons going on.   Thought the actors were all great - especially Ian mcshane, common.  But this is all about the 52 year old badass.  He owns this shit, just like the first, but there's just more...and more complex action sequences.  So happy he has another awesome character to play.  All hail Keanu.  

• Like 4

This is my favourite thing from the eOne debacle.

dv2ic5p.png

Not even Peppa Pig is safe. I almost feel bad for the mess that their social media pages have become but then I remember that they're the ones with the JW2 rights.

Hopefully the strong domestic OW will make them fast track an Australasian release.

• Like 2