antovolk

John Wick: Chapter 2 | February 10, 2017 | Teaser Trailer on Page 8

• Community Manager
Just now, robertman2 said:

Also when was the last time the Wachowskis made a good movie?

Speed Racer. :ph34r: But who says they need to make it? I don't think they own the IP.

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Well Revolutions did shit the bed something fierce.

Years and years ago though.

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:
  Hide contents

Reviews Spoiled that one already.

Yes, the dog survives.

Spoiler

:excited:

7 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Speed Racer. :ph34r: But who says they need to make it? I don't think they own the IP.

Years and years ago though.

I forgot about Speed Racer. That was pretty cool. First movie I saw in IMAX.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, elcaballero said:

For an action sequel as well. 

20 reviews in on RT. I need @Jason to give me a range for the final rating. 

Rating, or tomatometer score? No matter, I can do both.

At only 20 reviews in, the 90% confidence interval for the RT score is enormous - 81% to 98%, assuming that the final number of reviews is around 200. I don't even want to see what the 95% C.I. looks like.

There's about two-thirds chance the final RT score ends up being between 86% to 96%. If you're only interested in the lower limit, about an 85% chance the final rating is at least 86%.

Graph of the probability distribution for the final RT score looks like this:

zK8VJpz.png

Exercise caution in interpreting the P-values, there are about two bars shown for every percentage point. So the probability of exactly a 95% final rating is about 9%, not 4.5%.

Only 13 of the 20 reviews so far have provided a rating. Based on those, final rating has two-thirds chance of falling between 7.1 and 7.8, or an 85% chance of exceeding 7.1.

All of this assumes random sampling of course - the impression I get from examining about 25-ish films from the past few years (top ten of 2015 and 2016 plus a few others) is that any non-random bias is small for most films, but there's a minority of films that deviate well outside random sampling expectations. (Three out of those 25, one that is borderline)

Edited by Jason
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

At only 20 reviews in, the 90% confidence interval for the RT score is enormous - 81% to 98%, assuming that the final number of reviews is around 200. I don't even want to see what the 95% C.I. looks like.

There's about two-thirds chance the final RT score ends up being between 86% to 96%. If you're only interested in the lower limit, about an 85% chance the final rating is at least 86%.

zK8VJpz.png

Exercise caution in interpreting the P-values, there are about two bars shown for every percentage point. So the probability of exactly a 95% final rating is about 9%, not 4.5%.

Only 13 of the 20 reviews so far have provided a rating. Based on those, final rating has two-thirds chance of falling between 7.1 and 7.8, or an 85% chance of exceeding 7.1.

All of this assumes random sampling of course - the impression I get from examining about 25-ish films from the past few years (top ten of 2015 and 2016 plus a few others) is that any non-random bias is small for most films, but there's a minority of films that deviate well outside random sampling expectations. (Three out of those 25, one that is borderline)

This is beautiful. Thank you

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

zK8VJpz.png

Thanks! Out of curiosity, what type of distribution did you use?

Edited by elcaballero
  • Like 2