Fancyarcher

Allied | 11.23.2016 | Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard. Robert Zemeckis directing

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

It is pretty damn good, better than I expected but still think it is going to have trouble not getting lost in the shuffle.  

I think as long as reviews are good (and it sounds like they will), this will do fine. It's been a good year for the well-reviewed adult-targeted film.

On 10/11/2016 at 10:34 PM, EmpireCity said:

It is pretty damn good, better than I expected but still think it is going to have trouble not getting lost in the shuffle.  

I do wonder if Paramount didn't already have Silence, would they have pushed this to December as an award player.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

I do wonder if Paramount didn't already have Silence, would they have pushed this to December as an award player.

I believe they're already pushing Allied as an awards player. Being released around thanksgiving, means they hope it'll score a few noms anyway. Whether or not it gets nominated for anything, will depend on reviews of course.

39 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I believe they're already pushing Allied as an awards player. Being released around thanksgiving, means they hope it'll score a few noms anyway. Whether or not it gets nominated for anything, will depend on reviews of course.

They aren't pushing it really on any level for awards as they have 3 other much more high profile releases in Arrival, Fences and Silence to push.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

They aren't pushing it really on any level for awards as they have 3 other much more high profile releases in Arrival, Fences and Silence to push.  

True, but that's because they have four potential award films (I'm referring to every category, including technical in this case). I mean Silence will probably be great, but it's been very quiet when it comes to it's marketing, and Fences could only wind up being an acting awards film for all we know, Arrival could also be nominated for just technical awards. It's all up in the air at this point. Paramount does have a lot of potential contenders though, which no doubt makes things a bit harder, especially compared to other studios.

• Like 1