Fancyarcher

Allied | 11.23.2016 | Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard. Robert Zemeckis directing

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

So the Jew hater beats both Ang Lee and Robert Zemeckis this year. Take that haters. 

Also, this is actually getting quite a few very good reviews, but also lots of mediocre ones. It seems alot like the Walk's reception - middling reviews punctuated by a few people that loved it. 

28 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Also, this is actually getting quite a few very good reviews, but also lots of mediocre ones. It seems alot like the Walk's reception - middling reviews punctuated by a few people that loved it. 

The Walk has a 84% on RT and 70 on MT. Most of the reviews were fairly positive actually. This isn't likely getting the same kind of percentage as that did.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Ehrlich's review on Letterboxd, 2.5 stars

Possibly the least interesting movie one could make about Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard fucking throughout the last years of World War II. but hey, good news for anyone who's ever wanted to watch two people bone during a flagrantly fake CG sandstorm in the Moroccan desert. and the clothes are shiny!

• Like 1

Rather enjoyed this. Felt quite old-school, I actually liked Zemeckis’s visual approach & the dream-like feel. Not enough shown between Pitt and Cotillard early on though, things moved a touch too fast there. But did enjoy the Looper-esque progression of the story - how it got more low-key as it went on. Good solid stuff.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Rather enjoyed this. Felt quite old-school, I actually liked Zemeckis’s visual approach & the dream-like feel. Not enough shown between Pitt and Cotillard early on though, things moved a touch too fast there. But did enjoy the Looper-esque progression of the story - how it got more low-key as it went on. Good solid stuff.

Does it justify its rating? I was surprised to find out it was R rated. 

In terms of Zemeckis films, where would you rank it. 

Oh My God :ohmygod:  This film has a budget of 85 million.  If it does not bomb, what will ever?  I bet Paramount had high hopes on Arrival but the numbers did not turn out as good as expected. And, now with Allied...? Oh god, Paramount is just beyond pathetic at this point.

Edited by WeneedtotalkaboutKevin
typo

1 minute ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Oh My God :ohmygod:  This film has a budget of 85 million.  If it does not bomb, what will ever not ?  I bet Paramount had high hopes on Arrival but the numbers did not turn out as good as expected. And, now with Allied...? Oh god, Paramount is just beyond pathetic at this point.

:ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: :ohmygod: 

Brad Grey. His stupidity. 

12 hours ago, Jonwo said:

Does it justify its rating? I was surprised to find out it was R rated. 

In terms of Zemeckis films, where would you rank it. 

It does. A whole lot of f-bombs and some nudity 

Spoiler

from extras

Ooh that's a tough one. Haven't seen much of his recent work so :P 

14 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Oh My God :ohmygod:  This film has a budget of 85 million.  If it does not bomb, what will ever?  I bet Paramount had high hopes on Arrival but the numbers did not turn out as good as expected. And, now with Allied...? Oh god, Paramount is just beyond pathetic at this point.

ARRIVAL doubled what Paramount exepected in its first weekend. They should be happy with it. It's doing well.