K1stpierre

Weekend #s | 50SOG 81m, (RTH Sunday puts it at about 84M) Kings 35.6, AS 16m, JA 9.43m (official) | all #s on p1

cool for fifty whipping that box office record up!

so what's the  OW record for march and is any film going to beat it ? AS beat january (not sure actually thought i read that though)

FSOG beat february's who's next ?

i'm not even a hardcore fan of the novel , it was a fun read overall but nothing worth getting that upset over , nevermind the film that is a PG13 version of the book lol 

frankly i find saying this book sends a wrong message to women or is a bad influence is kinda insulting to a woman's intelligence to assume that she would think this is reality , the norm what men expect bla bla bla like for real and is incapable of making up her own mind or having standards that aren't moved /shifted by exteriors circumstances , like saying incestuous scenes in GOT will make all females want to do the same or grow up thinking that's normal pfffff 

shit not even harlequins are reality , or fairytales for that matter and those two culprits have done way more harm to little girls all over the world than one tiny "badly written book " could ever do!

• Like 1

Went to see 50 Shades of Grey last night and I thought it was great.

So refreshing that something like that is mainstream. Loved both the leads and how tongue in cheek it was at the beginning. Loved the score and soundtrack. Mr Grey is HOT.

Glad to see its making more on Sunday than Universal estimated.

• Like 2

Went to see 50 Shades of Grey last night and I thought it was great.

So refreshing that something like that is mainstream. Loved both the leads and how tongue in cheek it was at the beginning. Loved the score and soundtrack. Mr Grey is HOT.

Glad to see its making more on Sunday than Universal estimated.

:blink:

Edited by eXtacy
  • Like 1

So let me get this straight, there's backlash towards 50SOG because it's poorly written?  Oh ok lol.  What a crock of shit.  

People don't give a shit if something is poorly written, there are tons of films that are poorly written that make money.

This one is all about the sex and parts of it that people don't understand.  

• Like 1

cool for fifty whipping that box office record up!

so what's the  OW record for march and is any film going to beat it ? AS beat january (not sure actually thought i read that though)

FSOG beat february's who's next ?

The Hunger Games, 155M OW in March

No way any film breaks that mark

So let me get this straight, there's backlash towards 50SOG because it's poorly written?  Oh ok lol.  What a crock of shit.  

People don't give a shit if something is poorly written, there are tons of films that are poorly written that make money.

This one is all about the sex and parts of it that people don't understand.

I think it's the abuse thing that people object to mostly.

"He belittles her, threatens her and blames her. As a consequence, Ana is afraid of making Christian angry, afraid to talk to her friends, and insecure in her own personhood (“He’d probably like to beat seven shades of s*** out of me. The thought is depressing”)."

"Far from “empowering,” Fifty Shades seeks to remove agency. Even though it’s supposed to seem “sexy,” the book even includes several instances of rape, where Ana is coerced into or outright forced to have sex. The BDSM community itself has been outspoken on the issue, distancing itself from the horrific lack of safety or consent in the novel: “Fifty Shades is not about fun,” says BDSM practitioner, Sophie Morgan, in The Guardian. “It’s about abuse.”"

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/film/fifty-shades-grey-and-abuse#QquMlGI128exmBsW.99

Edited by lab276
  • Like 5

yeah the movie got quite a few laugh in my showing , you know what i just realized dakota johnson is melanie griffith and don johnson child , hmmm i can see the ressemblance to her father for sure , the eyes in particular ...

wonder how that convo went? mom and dad i'm playing the lead in an erotic movie where my boobies will be prominently on display , ha ha ha 

parents : what's your paycheck , be careful honey i hope your agent does a good job and gets you bigger roles after this , hollywood loves a splashy entrance !

"He belittles her, threatens her and blames her. As a consequence, Ana is afraid of making Christian angry, afraid to talk to her friends, and insecure in her own personhood (“He’d probably like to beat seven shades of s*** out of me. The thought is depressing”)."

"Far from “empowering,” Fifty Shades seeks to remove agency. Even though it’s supposed to seem “sexy,” the book even includes several instances of rape, where Ana is coerced into or outright forced to have sex. The BDSM community itself has been outspoken on the issue, distancing itself from the horrific lack of safety or consent in the novel: “Fifty Shades is not about fun,” says BDSM practitioner, Sophie Morgan, in The Guardian. “It’s about abuse.”"

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/culture/film/fifty-shades-grey-and-abuse#QquMlGI128exmBsW.99

Yes, I get all of that.  But if there are millions of people buying it and seeing it, there must be something intriguing about it.

And again, I'm talking about people here who have not seen it.

yeah the movie got quite a few laugh in my showing , you know what i just realized dakota johnson is melanie griffith and don johnson child , hmmm i can see the ressemblance to her father for sure , the eyes in particular ...

wonder how that convo went? mom and dad i'm playing the lead in an erotic movie where my boobies will be prominently on display , ha ha ha 

parents : what's your paycheck , be careful honey i hope your agent does a good job and gets you bigger roles after this , hollywood loves a splashy entrance !

Pretty sure Melanie did nudity in her younger days and Johnson's been naked too in film.

• Like 2

i was going to say huh :blink:  but took time to read the article and stop about here ah-ha! a christian oriented article 

And Christians should care about this—more than just disliking the book for its R-rated content, we should also practice empathy and fight for the women that have been affected by abusive relationships.

the more i read and hear , i'm starting to get where these people arguments are coming from even though i disagree completely , i also realized depending on your stance before even reading the books you're going to go into it with a fix point of view on the character of christian grey 

the whole point of the title is that he is fifty shades of fucked up something wich he says himself , he sets out to bring her into his dark world and she tries to bring him into her light , be a normal boyfriend which is something he's never conceptualized its a tug of war and will between them ,

yep the concept is messed up and yes one might say its a long standing misguided notion that women believe they can reform or transform a bad boy from guy you fuck to guy you present to your parents and get married with , the whole point of the fanfic was that it was an AU alternate universe not this one , like the twilight zone episodes and believed me there are some pretty twisted twilight AU fanfics out there, heck harry potter is another one dear me !

if one isnt willing to understand where both characters come from and only focus on the present situation then how can one see beyond that and have hope for redemption or downfall within the story boundaries of course , no point in reading the story then  !

ehhh i gotta go , real life calls can't spend all day talking about fifty and his evil ways ....and how he single-handedly spearheaded abuse is ok -_-

Edited by My Inner Goddess is Kinky
  • Like 2

i was going to say huh :blink:  but took time to read the article and stop about here ah-ha! a christian oriented article 

And Christians should care about this—more than just disliking the book for its R-rated content, we should also practice empathy and fight for the women that have been affected by abusive relationships.

the more i read and hear , i'm starting to get where these people arguments are coming from even though i disagree completely , i also realized depending on your stance before even reading the books you're going to go into it with a fix point of view on the character of christian grey 

the whole point of the title is that he is fifty shades of fucked up something wich he says himself , he sets out to bring her into his dark world and she tries to bring him into her light , be a normal boyfriend which is something he's never conceptualized its a tug of war and will between them ,

yep the concept is messed up and yes one might say its a long standing misguided notion that women believe they can reform or transform a bad boy from guy you fuck to guy you present to your parents and get married with , the whole point of the fanfic was that it was an AU alternate universe not this one , like the twilight zone episodes 

if one isnt willing to understand where both characters come from and only focus on the present situation then how can one see beyond that and have hope for redemption or downfall within the story boundaries of course , no point in reading the story then  !

ehhh i gotta go , real life calls can't spend all day talking about fifty and his evil ways ....and how he single-handedly spearheaded abuse is ok -_-

I don't see how that would de-legitimise those two paras I quoted.

How about this from a non-Christian person:

"All the hilariously bad dialogue and Cathy Guisewite "inner goddess" stuff aside, the book is fairly insidious as a misrepresentation of the BDSM lifestyle. I don't think the author knew anything about that scene before writing it - just some descriptions of some of the involved practices online - and thus the result is that Christian Grey is an abusive, controlling monster with a coat of S&M paint rather than an honest depiction of an actual dominant. The BDSM community would deeply disapprove of the shit he pulls in this book, most notably aggressively stalking someone who is clearly NOT INTERESTED in the lifestyle. At one point Christian gets Anastasia drunk and gets her to consent to a list of sex acts as a submissive. "

http://ask.fm/ANNZac/answer/125771404233

• Like 1

Pretty amazing to me.....you can have ultra violent films like Goodfellas and Pulp Fiction and a litany of others and no one says boo about them.  But have a film about S&M, dominance yet consensual sex/dominance and the moral police come out in full force.  Why isn't there the moral outcry about violence in films?  I can even remember there was the moral police out in full force for Basic Instinct.  It seems anytime there's a film that makes gobs of cash and it deals with kinky sex, the moral police come out to play.  I'd love to have a look into the lives of those who say this is a bad example for women and it's misogynistic and so on....let's see how squeaky clean all these people are.  

Hypocrites.

• Like 2