Grade Alien  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is your grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Not only the best horror film ever made, but one of my all-time favorites.

I love Aliens as much as anyone, but this is an another level. Really gets better with multiple watches as well.

Dark, brooding, menacing, claustrophobic.........one of the few films that is pretty damn close to being an objective masterpiece.

A

• Like 2

One of the tensest, most atmospheric movies I have seen. Ridley Scott takes a relatively simple story and gets maximum mileage out of it by keeping the tension and dread high all the way until the end. It's one of my favorites in the sci-fi and horror genres.

A

And to join in the Alien/Aliens debate: If pressed to pick a favorite between the two, I'd probably go with Aliens because I'm impressed with how James Cameron & Co. expanded the universe established in the first film. But as is, I think they're on about equal footing, and the stylistic differences they have from one another would surely make for an interesting double feature.

• Like 2

I was watching the special features of Aliens the other day and it started off with James Cameron saying "In 1979, Ridley Scott made this film that shocked the world, there was nothing else like it before it." This film is just amazing, and probably one of the most influential in history for what it did for horror and science fiction forever.Also, despite the problems of Alien 3 and 4, the Alien Anthology set trailer gives me chills every time.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahj774Yqz5QBest Science Fiction franchise ever IMO.

• Like 2

Watched this for the first time last week. Brilliant film. And I watched Aliens right after, which I did also slightly prefer, but only just. Surprised at how good the visuals were for such an old film. Just goes to show that they aren't the most important thing in a film like this. Not even close.

A

Edited by Heretic

One of rare perfect movies. Not an ounce of fat. Characters who aren`t sterotypes. Amazing acting by alien pupets.Atmospheric and forboding. Cat power. The reveal of the real villain. I can go on for hours.

He wouldn`t have attacked Ripley in the shuttle because he thought she gave him the cat when she dropped the box with Jones. All he ever wanted was the cat. But cat didn`t love him back. :(