baumer

Baumer's ridiculous, uninformed, stupid list of MY BEST 105 FILMS EVER , FULL LIST PG 42

94) Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)

John Hughes 

ferrisbuellersdayoff-07.jpg

John Hughes is the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be when it comes to understanding teens in the 80's and 90's.  I once told a friend of mine that Hughes could make a film that takes place entirely in a phone booth and it would be entertaining.  Ferris Bueller's Day Off is about "one man's struggle to take it easy."  If you are a teenager now, you should watch this movie, tonight, like now.  This is almost Biblical in nature.  At the heart of this film is kids trying to enjoy life before it gets too serious.  Life is complicated when you are an adult.  Once you get a job and a career and kids and so on, you can't have Ferris days.  This movie is all about stopping to look around once in while so you don't miss life.  It's a film I watch once a year, just to remind me of what it was like before I became an adult.

thumbs_life_moves_pretty_fast_if_you_don

"They bought it, one of the worst performances of my career and they never doubted it for a second."

Trivia:  Charlie Sheen has a cameo as a drugged out loser.  To look the part, Sheen stayed awake for 48 hours before he filmed his scene.

John Hughes wrote the script in 6 days, perpetuating his genius status even further

Bill Paxton was in Weird Science.  Hughes offered him the role of the garage attendant.  Paxton turned it down because it was too small.  To this day, he regrets that decision as Hughes never offered him another role.

Broderick improvised the clarinet scene.

• Like 13

93) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Wes Craven

There really are, when you come to think of it, not that many films that are truly frightening. The kind of film that gets under your skin and eats away at you. The kind of film that stays with you days ( and nights ) after you see it. This film is terrifying.  Not terrifying in the Babadook way, but truly pulse pounding, heart racing, blood pumping terrifying. And that is owed all to Wes Craven. The sequels of this film are really trash and that is because Robert Shaye may be a good business man but he doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his bones.  The sequels became more comedic than scary and even though Freddy had a personality in the first one, he was still more diabolical and evil than he was funny. More Lon Chaney than Jerry Lewis. But the first one has every element in it to keep you scared beyond belief.

screenshot-med-03.jpg

This film is iconic in many ways. There are those that say it is dated. I beg to differ on that point. This is a film that transcends generations and expertly amalgamates gore and tension. 

Fred Krueger, as we all know, was a child molester who was hunted down by the local Elm Street parents after he beat a court systems on a technicality. They trapped him in his basement and lit his house on fire and then watched him burn. Somehow he comes back and haunts their children's dreams and murders them while they sleep. This sets up the premise of the film and it is stated on the SE DVD that Craven got the idea for this film while reading a story in an Asian newspaper about kids dying in their sleep and telling their parents that they knew something bad was going to happen to them in their dreams. It is an interesting concept and because it is done to perfection here, it has now become one of the cornerstones of American horror.

the-start.jpg

Wes Craven created one of the most iconic film characters in history, the fact that it's a brilliant film and an absolute terror to watch makes it one of the best 105 films of all time.

Come to Freddy!!

Trivia:  Johnn Depp's first film

Over 500 gallons of fake blood were used during production, most of it during Depp's death (blood geyser in bed) and Wyss' death when she gets dragged across the ceiling. 

• Like 7

Ferris Bueller is absolutely brilliant. Great choice in my mind :)

I'm not so keen on Inception. Most of it is pretty strong as far as heist movies go, but the third act is bland and generic. Also, with the exception of its visuals and premise, I don't find it to be anything truly special. And then we have the dull cast of lifeless performances.

• Like 1

These are all the films I believe I have given 10/10 to.

So there're over 100 films that you'll give 10/10? I mean, 10/10 is the highest score and I can't picture so many films rated that high in my mind.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

93) A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Wes Craven

There really are, when you come to think of it, not that many films that are truly frightening. The kind of film that gets under your skin and eats away at you. The kind of film that stays with you days ( and nights ) after you see it. This film is terrifying.  Not terrifying in the Babadook way, but truly pulse pounding, heart racing, blood pumping terrifying. And that is owed all to Wes Craven. The sequels of this film are really trash and that is because Robert Shaye may be a good business man but he doesn't have an ounce of creativity in his bones.  The sequels became more comedic than scary and even though Freddy had a personality in the first one, he was still more diabolical and evil than he was funny. More Lon Chaney than Jerry Lewis. But the first one has every element in it to keep you scared beyond belief.

screenshot-med-03.jpg

This film is iconic in many ways. There are those that say it is dated. I beg to differ on that point. This is a film that transcends generations and expertly amalgamates gore and tension. 

Fred Krueger, as we all know, was a child molester who was hunted down by the local Elm Street parents after he beat a court systems on a technicality. They trapped him in his basement and lit his house on fire and then watched him burn. Somehow he comes back and haunts their children's dreams and murders them while they sleep. This sets up the premise of the film and it is stated on the SE DVD that Craven got the idea for this film while reading a story in an Asian newspaper about kids dying in their sleep and telling their parents that they knew something bad was going to happen to them in their dreams. It is an interesting concept and because it is done to perfection here, it has now become one of the cornerstones of American horror.

the-start.jpg

Wes Craven created one of the most iconic film characters in history, the fact that it's a brilliant film and an absolute terror to watch makes it one of the best 105 films of all time.

Come to Freddy!!

Trivia:  Johnn Depp's first film

Over 500 gallons of fake blood were used during production, most of it during Depp's death (blood geyser in bed) and Wyss' death when she gets dragged across the ceiling. 

The 2010 remake was much better than this. <_<

Edited by 69 Shades of James
  • Like 1

So there're over 100 films that you'll give 10/10? I mean, 10/10 is the highest score and I can't picture so many films rated that high in my mind.

I've seen about 5000 movies.

• Like 1