Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

You are joking. This film looks like the essence of corporate Hollywood Garbage.

Yeah, it's not a very good example for what the Shay fights for and believes in. But at least:

1. It's not superhero.

2. It is a PERIOD movie! (that alone is usually worth it)

And Alpha and Alita are much better examples, glad that you're OK with them.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ithil said:

I propose a 25 year ban on any Robin Hood adaptation with no exceptions. This fellow needs a generation off.

We have a couple of decent Robin Hood films over the years , but none have come close to topping or even equaling the 1938 Errol Flynn version.

And this one looks like one of the worst of the lot.

Edited by dudalb

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

this is flopping badly for sure cause all movies opening on the same day have big advantage over it. I don't know why they don't move it in a less stacked month. 

This was originally supposed to open back in March so in all likelihood they just want to be done with it.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This was originally supposed to open back in March so in all likelihood they just want to be done with it.

I see. Well, I guess that there's no place to hide for a movie nobody wants to begin with. every month is stacked from that POV. better just be done with it and write it off. 

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

I'm glad they called his disguise out in the trailer.

Also this is flopping pretty badly, I keep forgetting this even exists. I just hope it's a fun flop.

Better off just renting or streaming the 1938 Errol Flynn version, really.

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Also it gives the studio heads an excuse of "The Competion Was Too Heavy" to explain why the film flopped.

5 hours ago, Morieris said:

Yet another person in a Robin Hood movie wearing a goddamn three piece suit.

I can understand wanting  somewhat more accurate and realistic costuming for a Robin Hood film than that in the 1938 version (thught the costuming in that works brilliantly for the "fairy tale" flavor they wanted the film to have)  but the costuming here is no more accurate then that of the Flynn version. I I don't know what theyr were aiming for in the costuming, but they sure as hell did not achieve it.

12 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Better off just renting or streaming the 1938 Errol Flynn version, really.

These kinds of would-be blockbusters are a good excuse to go to the movies with friends or family though and I do enjoy that. Plus I rarely find them as bad as the critics.

I'll probably be watching this one on a big screen.

• Thanks 1

Jusr saw thw most recent trailer in a theater, and whoever the costume deginer for the film is should be banned from ever working on a period film again. None of the costumes in the trailer looked remotely medieval. And, yeah, I think that is important.

The aurdience was laughing throughout the trailer, and not in a good way.

At least it is opening at the right time :THanksgiving. Appropriate for a Turkey.