Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 5:45 PM, Arlborn said:

I see Guy Ritchie being mentioned, I get optimistic.

Anohter reason not see this. I think "King Arthur" proved that Ritchie has no feeling for the Medieval Period whatsoever.

I am sick and tired of these "reimagnings" of classic stories anyway. 90% of them suck.

Edited by dudalb

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

WTF is this shit?

Robin Hood looks  some White Surburban Kid trying to look like he is hanging out in the hood???

I don't actively root for a film to fail very often;this one may be an exception.

Edited by dudalb

55 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Robin Hood looks  some White Surburban Kid trying to look like he is hanging out in the hood???

I don't actively root for a film to fail very often;this one may be an exception.

Actively rooting for a film to fail based on its POSTERS is fucking stupid.

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

hCnx7dT.jpgU0HLzKR.jpg

This looks like Assassin's Creed mixed with...I dunno, I was going to say "Wakandan Gang War".

those posters. is everyone playing robin hood in the same movie

15 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Actively rooting for a film to fail based on its POSTERS is fucking stupid.

It's a "Body Of Work" judgement. Almost everything I have seen about this film turns me off.

I am old fashioned,I think a film set in the Middle Ages should have a medieval feel to it. Everything I have seen about this film screams the people making it are clueless in this regard.

I don't insist upon 100% authenticity, particularly when you are filming a legend, but you need a feel for the period. The Costumes in the 1938 version have very much a "storybook" look to them rather then an accucrat recreation of what people looked like in 12th Century England, but they had the right medieval "feel". The people making this film look totally clueless..the costume designer in particular.

30 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

not exactly getting errol flynn vibes.

They keep on trying to top the 1938 version, and keep on failing.

There have been a couple of decent versions since..the best being the 1950 Disney version but none are as good as the Errol Flynn classic.

The film is nearly 80 Years, old but plays as well today as it did in 1938.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1