Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

6 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

was this one made as a tax write-off?

Good one.

I admire them for having the guts to green-light such an obvious flop although maybe they should have just gone ahead and done something new in this quasi-medieval setting instead of just doing yet-another Robin Hood movie. It might even have done slightly better as something a bit more fresh.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

was this one made as a tax write-off?

A bit like God of Egypt, I would assume that was made because Liongates could pre-sales the international market to finance 85/90% of the budget.

Known franchise but not own by anyone because it is so old, so no fee to pay, somewhat star power but at a reasonable price, modern action-comedy take that with a pre-viz of what nice trailer it could give at the end and production design choice you can try to sell. With obvious sequel potential if it would have work. With Leonardo DiCaprio producing.

It is to note that this movie started to shoot before the Ritchie Arthur movie released in theater, not sure they wold have been able to sell it after.

On 10/20/2018 at 6:32 PM, Morieris said:

gbysou9heet11.jpg

Maybe they could have chilled with the arrow motif on this considering it's aimed at like every good guy. Though i like the giant people on fire to the right.

Lots of weird costume choices but the Maid Marion slip prom dress from the 1970s takes the cake...

On 10/20/2018 at 6:32 PM, Morieris said:

gbysou9heet11.jpg

Maybe they could have chilled with the arrow motif on this considering it's aimed at like every good guy. Though i like the giant people on fire to the right.

This poster is REAL???? 

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

@TalismanRing

Maid Marion slip prom dress from the 1970s takes the cake...

:bravo:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Haha 1

Who wrote this synopsis??

Robin of Loxley (Taron Egerton) a war-hardened Crusader and his Moorish commander (Jamie Foxx) mount an audacious revolt against the corrupt English crown in a thrilling action-adventure packed with gritty battlefield exploits, mind-blowing fight choreography, and a timeless romance.

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:03 PM, TalismanRing said:

Under a Moorish commander? :lol:

I  admit I laughed outloud at that...don't know if it was the guy who wrote the PR release or the screenwriters, but somebody sure as hell is clueless when it comes to history.

Look, I am not expecting a Robin Hood to be historically accurate, but there is taking liberties with History and there is being just plain stupid, and this is just plain stupid.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Morieris said:

It looks like T-Mobile Tuesdays and Atom are teaming up to give this the 4$ ticket treatment....2m$ opening weekend incoming. 

Nah, Bohemian Rhapsody got that treatment, and it's doing well:)...now, if they do the Atom BOGO WITH the $4 ticket deal....then yeah, it's a desperation sign (although isn't this entire movie a desperation sign?:)