Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

3 minutes ago, Morieris said:

At the rate they keep pushing this back, so will everyone else. It's on Nov. 21st now.

http://deadline.com/2018/02/blake-lively-anna-kendrick-a-simple-favor-robin-hood-movie-release-dates-1202303872/

Not good. Not good at all. Its competition is now Fantastic Beasts and Widows (from the weekend before), Creed 2, Wreck-It Ralph 2, and (potentially) Robert Zemeckis' next film. It was much better placed in September in terms of competition. Were they afraid of Alpha or something?

Lionsgate has potentially made a grave mistake.

• Sad 1

Well, I'll try to look at this differently. Maybe Lionsgate did this because they're confident in the material and its ability to do well during Thanksgiving. But unfortunately, a lot of other films apparently have companies thinking the same.

I think the specific film that steals many of this film's audience is Creed 2. With this Robin Hood being a modern-day reimagining (to my knowledge), both films are action-oriented 'cityscape'-type films. I really think that if both films end up feeling similar, people would rather see Creed 2. Especially because Creed 2 is guilty by association to Michael B. Jordan and Ryan Coogler (even though Ryan Coogler is not the writer/director).