Neo

Robin Hood | Nov 21 2018 | Lionsgate | Taron Egerton is Robin Hood, Jamie Foxx is Little John

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I got a feeling Lionsgate will protect themselves by selling off the distribution rights like they usualy do with risky ventures?

Safe bet, at least in the pass they were even selling distribution rights of Hunger Game, but at the time of the first HG it was not even an option just in term of cash flow to be able to finance the production and domestic release cost. I think they still do it for the safer venture like Power Rangers.

If fact do Liongates sometime partner type of deal for International rights instead of outright selling ? I kind of always assume that every Liongates production always sold the oversea markets.

2 minutes ago, Telehilation said:

I don't think Lionsgate has the overseas distribution infrastructure to release on their own, even if they wanted to.

I thought the question was more partnership vs selling.

You can decide to pay someone to distribute your movie either a fix fee like Mel Gibson was forced to do a one point because no one wanted to distribute is stuff or give a percentage and/or a mix, I think right ?

Vs outright sell the market to someone that get all the profit (or the loss) from it.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I thought the question was more partnership vs selling.

You can decide to pay someone to distribute your movie either a fix fee like Mel Gibson was forced to do a one point because no one wanted to distribute is stuff or give a percentage and/or a mix, I think right ?

Vs outright sell the market to someone that get all the profit (or the loss) from it.

I don't know if there's much of a difference in real-world terms, unless you get into when the sale is made. If you partner with another studio, they're basically ponying up money and they'll spend the effort marketing/releasing under their own foreign distribution arm. If you presell, you negotiate a bunch of agreements with individual foreign distributors and they handle things from there.