terrestrial

Weekend Chappie - 13.35M | Focus - 10.01M | 2nd Best Exotic Marigold - 8.54M | Unfinished Business - 4.77M

I think Blomkamp should just make that Halo movie he always wanted to make. It would have likely been brilliant given he fact it was his passion project.

I think Blomkamp needs to change his career. and I shudder the thought of what he would do with a beloved franchise like Halo.

Vaughn is gonna join the prestigious 2015 club of star driven movies that open with less than 5M. 

Better hope True Detective Season 2 does wonders for his career.

Or at least I hope. He needs to get away from these lame-looking comedies that nobody wants to see.

I am not sure what the hell my man Ray Subers is smoking, but I want what he is having. I need to understand how Chappie is gonna reach 13M with a 4.5M OD.

Edited by CJohn

So basically, this year will remind people that only tested brands can do big bucks.

Well considering the original idea this week is a poorly marketed piece of crap...

Distric 9 was way too much praised for Blomkmanp s own good.

It must have messed with his head.

How many sci fi movies got an oscar nod anyway, not many.

Edited by A Grey Future
  • Like 1

Distric 9 was waytoo much praised for Blomkmanp s own good.

It must have messed with his head.

How many sci fi movies got an oscar nod anyway, not many.

Nolan's Inception.

Please no sequel to District 9, its a standalone movie.  What would the sequel be?  Christopher coming back for revenge on the earthlings and make Wikus human again?  No thanks to that schlock.

I'd rather see him make that crappy Alien sequel with grandma Ripley that fanboys have been wanting forever.

• Like 4

My uncle is telling me that one of his friends who worked heavily on Chappie has been telling him how good he thinks the movie is and "god I hope it's a hit!!"

So when the RT score started coming out, my uncle and him kept monitoring it "oh it's down to 14% :("

"Wait wait its climbing back up to 50!"

So I told my uncle the Friday numbers and he texted his friend who was apparently extremely disappointed.

• Like 2