baumer

Silence of the Lambs

28 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Silence of the Lambs

I'm not into horror OR crime mostly, but this is one very good film! Very intense. The only drawback: Usually I don't need subtitles for english films but I had a hard time following Jodie Foster's accent. I understand that was needed to define her outsider status in the force but still, makes for a not-so-enjoyable watching experience. (The same happened to me e.g. with Robert Downey's Sherlock Holmes)

Obviously thought of as one of the best movies ever made for a reason. Everything clicked, and this really isn't my favorite type of movie. Foster and Hopkins were perfect, as was the directing and screenplay.A

AThe performances by Hopkins and Foster were superb, it's a disturbing film but an uplifting one as well. Won the big 5 at the Oscars - Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay (Adapted) - completely deserved.

Off the charts A+++. Off course Sir Anthony was brilliant as Hannibal. Excellent performance. And who could forget Buffalo Bill dancing around naked, lol? The writing was brilliant.But the best part of this for me was Jodie Foster aka Agent Starling. As a woman, I love it when women are representing on screen as women and not some super woman. She played the role of a "green" agent to a tee. When she was alone in the house tracking Buffalo Bill I thought I was gonna come out of my skin. She was fukkin' scared but remained calm and kept moving forward. That was some awesome work by Foster. She gets it right. There are only two other female's work in cinema that are on that level of intensity to me. Linda Hamilton in Terminator and Sigourney Weaver in Alien. The way they played their roles put you right there with them as they were going toward the unknown. It's so funny because Meg Ryan was the front runner for Agent Starling and she turned it down. The director did not want Foster and the studio did not want Hopkins so they reached a compromise. Biography Chanenl did a really nice story on the making of the Silence of the Lambs. They just don't make movies like this anymore.

It's so funny because Meg Ryan was the front runner for Agent Starling and she turned it down. The director did not want Foster and the studio did not want Hopkins so they reached a compromise. Biography Chanenl did a really nice story on the making of the Silence of the Lambs. They just don't make movies like this anymore.

LOVED the bio feature on this. I finishes it the other day and it brought to mind just how perfect everything clicked to make this movie so memorable.I'm bumping my grade up to an A+

I got to write a paper on this film for a freshman "college writing" class, and it meant that I had to watch and rewatch this film about 5 times in the course of a couple weeks. Seriously, one of the most exciting, edge-of-your-seat thrillers ever made.A+, all the way