81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade T2

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I love this movie. James Cameron's best movie by far. Honestly this is the only James Cameron movie (besides the first one) that I really love. Personally I find the rest of his films kind of overrated. 

Everything is great, except for two things

-Edward Furlong doesn't act or look like a ten year old (A freaking ELEMENTARY SCHOOLER) at all. In fact Furlong was 13-14  when making this, why not make John Connor 13 or 14?

-The Voice over narration. Not needed. "If a machine can learn the value of human life maybe we can too" Bleh. 

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 2

I love this movie. James Cameron's best movie by far. Honestly this is the only James Cameron movie (besides the first one) that I really love. Personally I find the rest of his films kind of overrated. 

Everything is great, except for two things

-Edward Furlong doesn't act or look like a ten year old (A freaking ELEMENTARY SCHOOLER) at all. In fact Furlong was 13-14  when making this, why not make John Connor 13 or 14?

-The Voice over narration. Not needed. "If a machine can learn the value of human life maybe we can too" Bleh. 

Back in elementary school, I used to know a guy who was just Edward Furlong's like. Cool and wisecracking heartthrob that plays hockey so he was already quite successful with young ladies, he was just 10 going toward 11 so I don't know why it's so farfetched or implausible.

Edited by dashrendar44

Pretty damn good, a huge improvement over the first one. No godawful dialogue, no bad acting (even Schwarzenegger is good), no cringeworthy scenes and C.R.A.Z.Y action sequences. 90/100

I think this may be Cameron's best, I still need to see True Lies though 

My favourite movie and the first blockbuster of the modern era. After this movie, all other blockbusters action/set pieces would be judged next to what Cameron was able to pull in 1991 in T2.

:wub:

I have seen this film way too much.

This is on TV now (in the UK).

I could list everything I love about this but I think Cameron encapsulates his genius in one cut (Sarah Connor at the mental institute being assessed by Dr Silberman - I copied this from the script)

SILBERMAN
I see. So you don't believe anymore that the
company covered it up?

Sarah shakes her head no.

CUT TO:

32 EXT. CYBERDYNE SYSTEMS - DAY

The corporate headquarters of a mega-electronic corporation. As
imposing cubist castle of black glass.

Most other directors wouldn't have actually thought of jump cutting to a scene showing the extent of the conspiracy at that point. The way it's cut and edited together is just masterful. I remember my 12 year old mind being blown by the thought of future tech being the reason for the rapid advancements in micro computing.

Also - one handed shotgun reloads.

Also - I was in LA last week and every single storm drain we drove over (and it was many) made me think of this movie. Such is the power of Cameron.

Final thought - I loved Avatar but I would give my left arm for Cameron to return to R rated action thrillers.