babz06

A Star is Born | 5th October, 2018 | Warner Bros | Bradley Cooper directing, Lady Gaga cast as lead.

I think it's funny that he cares only about the sexual content in Killing of a Sacred Deer, not the fact that a kid is brutally murdered by being shot in the face, someone bites out a chunk of flesh from someone, or the fact that it opens with a 3 minute long shot of an open heart surgery

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

LMFAO

Yes, that is the mature decision that I made. I read about the content beforehand, and so decided that, no, I'm not going to sit through a film that has that content. Even in a year where I've seen more rated-r films than ever before, I want to be responsible and draw the line between personally acceptable and personally unacceptable. I don't care if others want to embarrass me for choosing not to watch films with that content. I don't care how good a film is if it uses the buzz words like 'art' and/or 'narrative' to justify things that don't really serve a purpose in a film is supposed to prioritize its psychological and atmospheric horror.

• Sad 1

Just now, slambros said:

Yes, that is the mature decision that I made. I read about the content beforehand, and so decided that, no, I'm not going to sit through a film that has that content. Even in a year where I've seen more rated-r films than ever before, I want to be responsible and draw the line between personally acceptable and personally unacceptable. I don't care if others want to embarrass me for choosing not to watch films with that content. I don't care how good a film is if it uses the buzz words like 'art' and/or 'narrative' to justify things that don't really serve a purpose in a film is supposed to prioritize its psychological and atmospheric horror.

I'm just not clear, regarding 50 Shades/Sacred Deer, what is is about that content that is unacceptable. It's fine if you think it is gratuitous in those cases but it seems you are objecting to depictions of sex in most films in general. You said similar things about Call Me By Your Name, where it went out of its way to not be gratuitous (though Armie Hammer looks, like, 50). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I think it's funny that he cares only about the sexual content in Killing of a Sacred Deer, not the fact that a kid is brutally murdered by being shot in the face, someone bites out a chunk of flesh from someone, or the fact that it opens with a 3 minute long shot of an open heart surgery

I care about that content, too. It's not just a certain type of content that I'm opposed to. I read about all of that content, and I definitely chose not to watch the film because of that, and I do not see how choosing not to watch a film because of all of its content is a bad thing.

1 hour ago, Kraken said:

He's as entitled to avoid sex scenes without being mocked for it as the rest of us are entitled to watch them without being harrassed by crazy fundies. Respect his choice. He's harming no one. Live and let live.

Problem is the Fundies WON'T let people live and let live. And it not just about Sex. SOme of the Fundy Christians are still angry about "The Life of Brian"... 

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Problem is the Fundies WON'T let people live and let live. And it not just about Sex. SOme of the Fundy Christians are still angry about "The Life of Brian"... 

Agreed. They do suck. But this one guy specifically said he doesn't care what others do. The One Million Moms type fundies scum is a whole other thing, yes.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2018 at 7:43 AM, Noodlebug said:

Looks like #MeToo is making everyone in Hollywood afraid of showing any sort of sexual or physical contact, as if they don't understand the difference between consensual adults filming a sex scene and actual abuse.

That being said, A Star is Stillborn was likely pushed back because it was going to get clobbered in it's May slot, and was given the 'awards' excuse for moving it to October.

It was originally scheduled for October.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:02 PM, kowhite said:

I feel like this movie will get talked about a lot more before it releases, than after.

I got a gut feeling the 1937 and 1954 versions don't have to worry about losing their place to this version.

4 hours ago, Noodlebug said:

I have a feeling this will get a lot of paid press and awards, simply because of Gaga's presence.

Lady FadGa is over.  She was a 2009 electro pop fad with no current legacy. This won’t get any press because of her. And it will be the final nail in her alredy rotting career.  

• Like 1