Olive

WEEKEND ESTIMATES: Home 54m , GH 34.6m, Insurgent 22.1m, Cind 17.5m (official)

In Austria & Germany, Cinderella is having steeper-than-expected drops, too. WOM must be mixed at best. Still doing ok, but nowhere near Disney standards.

Didn't Home open there this weekend too?

Cinderella's holds are kind of baffling. To be fair, I think the fact that it's more of an Austen-style romance with fantastical elements rather than the other way around may be off-putting to some audiences.

Also, another sexy hold for Kingsman. <3

INSURGENT and HOME are also serious competition.

• Like 3

Cinderella is doing just fine. It will be fine and in the end it will come close to or exceed 200 mill.

Like in Battleship?

I know it's doing great, especially with its budget but given the fact it had far better reviews and so say much greater reactions from the general audience, it's quite odd that it's failing to exceed the legs of past films such as Oz, Maleficent and AIW. Perhaps as Spaghetti said it's romance theme over more fantasy elements may only be attracting certain groups of people and history has shown that big romantic themed hits do tend to be front loaded. Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Rihanna should get as much credit as Kristen Bell got for Frozen.

This is really not comparable. Rihanna is a huge celebrity presence who attracts tons of attention. She's been out there promoting this hard. I think she does deserve some credit for it doing better than expected.

I also feel like in general, Dreamworks puts their celebrity voice actors more front and center than Disney does. So you see way more of Rihanna, Jim Parsons, Angelina, Jack Black, than you ever did Mandy Moore, Kristen Bell, etc.

• Like 1

How the fuck is Home opening so big?!

No broad kiddie competition. Cinderella appeals mainly to girls/women. SpongeBob 2 and Paddington have finished their runs. 

It left a void for Home to make bank. 

Considering I thought it would open to $15-20 million, Home's OW baffles me. It should leg its way to $180-210 million  :huh: