CaptainJackSparrow

Five Nights at Freddy's | October 27, 2023 | In Theaters and Peacock simultaneously

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Aw fuck they're going all in on the gigantic brick wall of lore, my big fear with Cawthon writing. Get ready for fucking mind control disks and for people to suddenly be revealed to have been robots all along!

I have some confidence that those sci-fi elements in FNAF would be too expensive to include in this horror film. Plus, Scott has said himself that he wants to focus on the story of the early games with this movie being based on the first FNAF game. 

I am also extremely interested in what the film critics are gonna say about this movie... I'm preparing for the worst, but some parts of me thinks that critics will review FNAF like its a movie for kids/teens, which might make them more lenient in their critics scores. (idk I might be coping lmao)

11 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Can someone please change the title, having the five be a 5 is driving me insane.

E1q8GU0.png

MODS AIN'T GONNA KNOW YOU WANT SOMETHING UNLESS YOU LET THEM KNOW! 👍

Just commenting about it at random ain't gonna do you any good. 😉 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Can someone please change the title, having the five be a 5 is driving me insane.

Done

6 minutes ago, Porthos said:

E1q8GU0.png

MODS AIN'T GONNA KNOW YOU WANT SOMETHING UNLESS YOU LET THEM KNOW! 👍

Just commenting about it at random ain't gonna do you any good. 😉 

Better to tag a staff for such a request rather than using the report function, though either ways will achieve the same result

3 minutes ago, XXR's Eras Tour said:

What do you mean your work is done, I did it, I changed the title

EDIT: Ahh I see what you did there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

It's surprising to see so much hype around it, I thought the franchise was way past its prime after Scott milked it to death with lazy rushed sequels and spinoffs.

The franchise is still incredibly strong with the young Gen Z and Gen Alpha audience! But yeah, I do understand if millennials or older are very confused with FNAF's success (sometimes I'm shocked too lmao). I think it "milking it" would be an appropriate phrase in the 2015 or 2016 era, but it's been pretty clear now that FNAF is an actual multi-media franchise (where you would expect a pipeline of content) rather than just an aberrant internet trend.   

12 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Aw fuck they're going all in on the gigantic brick wall of lore, my big fear with Cawthon writing. Get ready for fucking mind control disks and for people to suddenly be revealed to have been robots all along!

I mean, as long as it is what the fans want, and the fanbase is obviously large enough to sustain it, then why not?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I mean, as long as it is what the fans want, and the fanbase is obviously large enough to sustain it, then why not?

Box office wise was never the question but...the strength of the FNAF games is the gameplay. Not Scott's writing. Which is fine for a game, pretty bad for a movie.

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I’m 32 and considering myself fairly versed in pop culture but I never even heard of FNAF until this movie. 

Did you use to be into gaming, say, 10 years ish ago? Because you are right in the demographic that initially made this game series famous (and then it moved on to younger generations somehow, it's actually impressive how it managed that)

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

I’m 32 and considering myself fairly versed in pop culture but I never even heard of FNAF until this movie. 

Proves my point further that millennials and older generations are not the main demographic of this franchise (and that's ok!)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It's such a messed up strategy, I have no idea what they're trying to do here.

The only logical explanation is that the reviews are just terrible and they're trying to get out ahead of it, but even then moving it from day and date to pre release doesn't make sense. I get that it's already made a profit since it was so cheap to make but it's very bizarre.