CaptainJackSparrow

Five Nights at Freddy's | October 27, 2023 | In Theaters and Peacock simultaneously

46 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Anyone that "reports" on unconfirmed runtimes needs to be hurled into the sun. There's literally no shot this is close to 3 hours.

The first FNAF novel clocked in at 400 pages. I absolutely believe the possibility that Cawthon stuffed the movie full of lore bullshit and made it too long because that's what all his writing is like

Edited by SpiderByte

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

The first FNAF novel clocked in at 400 pages. I absolutely believe the possibility that Cawthon stuffed the movie full of lore bullshit and made it too long because that's what all his writing is like

I'm not saying he didn't write a too-long script(I don't know anything about it, but maybe he did?), but I just think we should wait to find out the official runtime before freaking out.   He's one of 3 writers and he isn't directing it, so there are more creatives involved that just his novel at least.

Edited by Deep Wang
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, Deep Wang said:

Anyone that "reports" on unconfirmed runtimes needs to be hurled into the sun. There's literally no shot this is close to 3 hours.

The source is very reliable, and he did said it’s not final, just that right now it’s clocking at 3 hours. The movie is still being edited. 

Still should be a long movie, i don’t see them taking 70 minutes out of it 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

The source is very reliable, and he did said it’s not final, just that right now it’s clocking at 3 hours. The movie is still being edited. 

Still should be a long movie, i don’t see them taking 70 minutes out of it 

Well sure, but isn't that how most editing happens? 

I could obviously be VERY wrong because I don't know shit about FNAF, but I don't see how a 3 hour version is anything but disastrous.  Which is why my mind can't conceive of it actually happening lol

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This movie has such a thin premise that I can't imagine it not overstaying its welcome at more than 90 minutes, let alone 3 hours.

Oh believe me, Scott Cawthon could do it. This series has ghosts, mind altering discs, robots that can pass for humans but then also turn into gigantic animatronics robots, making robots out of concentrated soul juice, computer viruses made from the brains/souls of the dead, it can absolutely be stuffed with dumb bullshit 

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Oh believe me, Scott Cawthon could do it. This series has ghosts, mind altering discs, robots that can pass for humans but then also turn into gigantic animatronics robots, making robots out of concentrated soul juice, computer viruses made from the brains/souls of the dead, it can absolutely be stuffed with dumb bullshit 

And all that is in the games too?

10 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

And all that is in the games too?

Yuuup. The latest game is about the sentient computer virus coming to life as a hologram to take over a shopping mall, along with a giant abomination tentacle monster.

Oh and the main character might be a robot. Unrelated to the main books, where the main character is also secretly a robot the whole time 

Edited by SpiderByte

1 minute ago, ChipDerby said:

But honestly I have no idea how this will do. It's based off a game, right? A game I've never heard of that seems to have a very hardcore but niche following. Can't see this making more than Dungeons and Dragons

This shit is wildly popular with kids. Like, far more than something like DND

Edited by robertman2