CaptainJackSparrow

Five Nights at Freddy's | October 27, 2023 | In Theaters and Peacock simultaneously

28 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The verified audience score is 88%, for a horror movie that is really good. Insidious 5 is at 70%.

*checks*

That's... um, after 100+ ratings (weighted heavily from the die-hard fanbase presumably).  I'd wait a tic or three (ie for it to reach 2,500+) before drawing any conclusions one way or the other.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The verified audience score is 88%, for a horror movie that is really good. Insidious 5 is at 70%.

In line with PostTrak where Freddy is doing better, Freddy got 75% positive and 3 1/2 stars, Insidious 5 also had so-so audience scores (3 1/2 stars, 72%  Postrak). Also for reference Exorcist got 61%

3 hours ago, stephanos13 said:

Question to those who have seen the movie.

My favorite genre is horror but I don't like PG-13 horror like Megan for example. How many horror elements does this movie have? is it remotely scary at least for a scene or two? 😃

There's actually a pretty gnarly moment that took me off guard, but a lot of the violence is off-screen and implied. A bit of jumpscares but not overly reliant. There are also some bloody corpses but that's as far as it gets.

Edited by Skim Beeble
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, martin said:

The whole movie leaked on Twitter....

As soon as a movie is released online for streaming, you can just assume it's being leaked immediately, because it is.

Edited by djbayko

Saw this on Sunday.

I'm all for gateway horror, Goosebumps books is what got me into horror. From there I read Stephen King.

This movie is very much a gateway horror for kids and young teens. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I know nothing about the games other than Jim Sterling is the reason they exist. I know the basic premise but the games never seemed to be for me.

My main problem with the movie is it felt rushed. It felt like they didn't know if they were gonna get a sequel so they decided we better cram everything in. The movie was almost all constant plot revelations and very little horror.

I watched the movie and kept thinking they need to slow down. Stretch this out. Let some horror and atmosphere build up. There was stuff in here that felt like it could have been done in a sequel.

I'm not the target audience but I still went in with an open mind and enjoyed it more than I thought, and left feeling like it had some great elements and they just fumbled them.

5/10

• Like 1

The four hours in theater for Killers of the Flower Moon went by faster than FNaF’s two hour runtime. If this and Mario are going to be the peaks of the video game movie craze, I truly miss the CBM craze. Mainly because those could function as movies.

6 hours ago, YM! said:

The four hours in theater for Killers of the Flower Moon went by faster than FNaF’s two hour runtime. If this and Mario are going to be the peaks of the video game movie craze, I truly miss the CBM craze. Mainly because those could function as movies.

There are better video game IP’s to make movies about than Mario and FNAF’s.

They won’t make as much as Mario, but there is better lol.

6 hours ago, Valencia said:

There are better video game IP’s to make movies about than Mario and FNAF’s.

They won’t make as much as Mario, but there is better lol.

I think the games that have amazing stories will mostly make better TV shows (like The Last of Us), since most are already the length of a tv season anyway. Games that don't have like very deep story (mario etc) can be easier adpeted into movies.

• Like 1

I tried watching this and...man this just isn't scary. Not even like "tried to be scary but came off as cheesy", just literally This Is Not A Horror Movie" not scary. Aside from one shot (you know the one) they really don't lean into how scary a movie in which the plot revolves around several murdered children should be. 

I feel like if they tried to emphasize the mystery more they could have made the Not Horror part work but...the mystery is very very obvious 

Edited by SpiderByte