anigif_enhanced-13092-1404848989-8.gif

WEDNESDAY:

Furious 7 - 9.32 (-30%)

Home - 3.32 (-23%)

Cinderella - 1.42 (-21%)

Ged Hard - 1.2 (-22%)

Insurgent - 0.97 (-24%)

• Like 1

Still feeling anything over $55M this weekend for Furious 7 is a huge win given until now, unless I'm mistaken, Furious 6's $35.2M second frame is the series high point in said weekend. I still believe just under $50M is very possible and maybe even likely. Regardless, I'm going with a 62.5% drop to $55.2M this weekend for Furious 7.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Less than 50M? No way! With this Wednesday gross, how can it fail to reach 50M?

Thursday 8.5M 

Friday 18M

Saturday 24M

Sunday 15M

To not reach 50M, it should have a Friday under 15M, which is almost impossible at this moment, IMHO

Less than 50M? No way! With this Wednesday gross, how can it fail to reach 50M?

Thursday 8.5M 

Friday 18M

Saturday 24M

Sunday 15M

To not reach 50M, it should have a Friday under 15M, which is almost impossible at this moment, IMHO

Certainly unlikely, but Fast Five and Furious 6 had the steepest weekend to weekend decline of any Fast films and were arguably the best received yet in the series. With Furious 7 opening to such an astronomical amount, an even steeper decline of 65% could very well happen.

Furious 6 - 63.9% - $35.16M

Fast Five - 62.4% - $32.46M

Fourious - 61.6% - $27.24M

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Certainly unlikely, but Fast Five and Furious 6 had the steepest weekend to weekend decline of any Fast films and were arguably the best received yet in the series. With Furious 7 opening to such an astronomical amount, an even steeper decline of 65% could very well happen.

Fast Fives second weekend was Thor and Fast 6 was coming off Memorial Day weekend and into a weekend with two 20m+ openers

• Like 1

A 65% decline wouldn't even translate to less than 50M. It needs to fall more than 66%

Fast Fives second weekend was Thor and Fast 6 was coming off Memorial Day weekend and into a weekend with two 20m+ openers

And I guess Fourious suffered from the Hannah Montana movie opening the following weekend, no? I don't entirely buy it. It impacts the drop for sure. But, we shall see. Again, I'm expecting a $55.2M second weekend but a steeper decline wouldn't surprise me in the least. Couldn't you argue that Furious 7 had a hugely inflated Friday due to Good Friday and a somewhat inflated Sunday as well due to many still off the following Monday?

2nd weekend drop after removing opening Thursday was extremely close for the last 3. Only 6 is slightly worse because of a better Sunday due to memorial day.

SnlpREm.png

(I did this early last friday)

• Like 3

Bigger they come the harder they fall.  Still a good drop all things considered including that monster opening.  Will be close to $200m before the 2nd weekend. I think that's pretty awesome.

Nice to see Cinderella stay above a million.

2nd weekend drop after removing opening Thursday was extremely close for the last 3. Only 6 is slightly worse because of a better Sunday due to memorial day.

SnlpREm.png
(I did this early last friday)

Very nice!