CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TLR - 13.5M; Furious 7 - 60.5M; Home - 19M [F7 - 63M OD in China!]

I just realized Child 44 is getting dumped in 525 theaters next weekend :lol: They should have delayed it to September.

500, actually. There's hardly been any advertising for it, so seems like a case of "studio quietly dumps an unappealing movie with extremely minimal marketing and awareness".

More like #11 when Kingsman overtakes it on Sunday.

The main audience for While We're Young is older adults who are more likely to show up on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so it's likely going to nudge out or tie with Kingsman for #10.

• Like 1

FF7 is keeping at a really close pace to THG right now. Imagine if it keeps following its trajectory, it could it 400m!

The next time people complain about there being too many sequels, this movie should serve as a prime example about why there are so many sequels. This is the 7th installment in this franchise and it's going to be far the largest domestic gross so far for the franchise. That's why there will be another Tron movie, another Pirates of the Caribbean movie, a Toy Story 4, and another Despicable Me film. Franchises are both profitable and popular.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 6

Also Home is still doing decent so far should make it's way to 175 million domestic while Get Hard should now come close to 90 million and Cinderella should fudge it's way to 200. Another thing April still is doing better than last April so far but unsure if it will break 2011's record

Edited by Maxmoser3
  • Like 1

Just realized Furious 7 can remain in the top ten until June potentially. Shows how weak the schedule is next two months besides Avengers

April 3: #1

April 10: #1

April 17: #1 or #2

April 24: #1 

May 1: #3 (think Paul Blart will slink ahead) 

May 8: #4

May 15: #6

May 22: #8

May 29: #10

June 5: #13

Yeah it could stay until the first couple of days in June.

I wouldn't really say it's a weak schedule so much as there isn't a lot of wide releases. Avengers 2, Pitch Perfect 2, Mad Max 4, Unfriended, Paul Blart 2, Tomorrowland, Spy, Jurassic World, Inside Out, Ted 2, Poltergeist and San Andreas should all do $70 million+ DOM. But beyond the heavy hitters, April-June is weak. 

The next couple of months could use some more solid mid-level hitters.

500, actually. There's hardly been any advertising for it, so seems like a case of "studio quietly dumps an unappealing movie with extremely minimal marketing and awareness".

BOM says 525 so I will believe them :lol: It doesn't make much of a difference anyway. 

Wouldn't be surprised at all if its misfire at this point, but I saw 2 reviews for it a few days ago that were positive until they disappeared shortly after because of the embargo, and in TotalFilm's latest issue they gave it a 4/5 and there was another review on an Irish website that was quite positive as well.  Its definitely going to bomb though.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 1

I am looking forward to Child 44. I was hoping it would get a wide release. 

It follows kicks Mortdecai and Blackhat s asses.

Nice little indie horror success.

Fast 7 is staying in the heights of the skyscrapers in Dubai.

Insurgent made as much noise as a rat s fart.