CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TLR - 13.5M; Furious 7 - 60.5M; Home - 19M [F7 - 63M OD in China!]

Well, if F7 had 3D domestically and in Europe as DHII had it wouldn't have needed that huge opening in China to have just as high numbers as DHII. And that's despite opening in early April instead of summer and having unfavorable exchange rates. So these numbers are just as big and impressive as DHII's.

Last time I checked 832M was bigger than 800M so you are wrong.

it's interesting that studios are doing this os-only-3d thing i mean usually they're all about making the most amount of money possible and they would make more in north america and europe with 3d... idgi

there's just a tiny hint of xenophobia from some of the lads in the forum whenever they condescendingly talk about overseas audiences. 

Just fanboy stuff with me.    Things were going very well on the domestic front to get Spidey back to Marvel and the OS audience was screwing that up.

F7's numbers are more impressive than DH2's. How is anybody debating that?

Potter was always the OS king since the first film (6 out of the 8 films sold the most tickets overseas in their respective years) so while DH2's numbers are very impressive, they're not that shocking. The franchise was huge to begin with.

But FF7? The first four films couldn't pass $230m OS, but the 7th is going to do DH2-like numbers.

Perspective, James.

• Like 18

it's interesting that studios are doing this os-only-3d thing i mean usually they're all about making the most amount of money possible and they would make more in north america and europe with 3d... idgi

I think American audiences have grown tired of 3d.

Fast 7 has 3d OS but bad exchange rates.

I was skeptical about the movie doing 1b ww and it s gonna do that like it s nothing.

I wonder about chinese audiences though, do they really connect with a very american multi ethnic cast, is it just the spectacle, little bit of both ?

Why big chinese blockbusters don t connect with worldwide audiences at all ?

What makes american blockbusters so universal, just the thrill of the ride, spectacle and CGI ?

Because most american blockbusters tell stories from an american point of view with american Values on many subjects.

Tony Stark, Toretto, Cap America, these characters feel very american to me yet they become universal icons.

Edited by The Futurist

950-billion will go down next weekend.  This is a monster that no one saw coming.  Can it pass Potter?  Probably not, but then again, maybe it can.  But regardless of where it ends up, it's a massive haul.  Incredible.

I saw It Follows today.  Best horror movie in about 15 years.

• Like 2

950-billion will go down next weekend.  This is a monster that no one saw coming.  Can it pass Potter?  Probably not, but then again, maybe it can.  But regardless of where it ends up, it's a massive haul.  Incredible.

I saw It Follows today.  Best horror movie in about 15 years.

Better than The Babadook?

The Babadook is the only horror film I've ever liked

I really don't understand it. It's not like a 3D release loses them any money. If they've produced a 3D version why don't they release it?

there's just a tiny hint of xenophobia from some of the lads in the forum whenever they condescendingly talk about overseas audiences. 

idk if you were referring to me or not but please don't call me a lad.