#ED

Wknd Est: F7 - 29M, PB:MC2 - 24M, UF - 16M | China: F7 - 93.3M Wknd

That's most likely the case. It had all the characteristics of a teen horror movie, and yet because of that the R rated prevented the majority of it's target audience from seeing it.

I agree with this. The movie seems well-made, but it was stuck in the awkward position where most of the teenage demographic couldn't get in to see it and the concept of a dead girl killing off a bunch of cyberbullying teenagers shown entirely through a Skype chat didn't seem very appealing to demographics beyond.

God that's disappointing for Unfriended.

Who was watching those trailers then? People under 17 I'm guessing. Damn.

I wanted $30m, would settle for $20m and now it's gonna make about $10m. Grrr.

As I said in the tracking thread, the trailer was a classic example of "click bait." Internet buzz is always tough to gauge in terms of box office influence (if that were always the case, Snakes on a Plane, which was released back when Facebook was hardly a thing and Twitter hadn't been invented yet, and was a much more hyped movie than Unfriended was, would've done much more than it did).

Edited by filmlover

I'm surprised people are surprised unfriended isn't blowing up. That's not me playing box office genius I was just ignorant to any sort buzz it had. didn't look like much to me. an episode of modern family already pulled that gimmick.

• Like 1

Well Paul Blart has the elusive 0% so hah!

I don't understand how a movie can even get a 0%. I mean, I know art is subjective and all that, but someone somewhere should like the movie enough to give it a passing grade right? 0% means "literally no reviewer who watched it liked it". How do you even make a movie that is that bad, the concept is basically Die Hard "A mall cop finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and is the last hope for Vegas", you could easily make a passable comedy flick from that concept. How do you possibly screw it up so bad?

I don't understand how a movie can even get a 0%. I mean, I know art is subjective and all that, but someone somewhere should like the movie enough to give it a passing grade right? 0% means "literally no reviewer who watched it liked it". How do you even make a movie that is that bad, the concept is basically Die Hard "A mall cop finds himself in the wrong place at the wrong time and is the last hope for Vegas", you could easily make a passable comedy flick from that concept. How do you possibly screw it up so bad?

It only has 22 reviews and the audience rating is significantly better at 63%

You cast Kevin James and hate comedy.