kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

It does look fun but I still think when it comes to the movies, and animated Spidey film and a live action Spidey film are two different animals, and dbout the success of one can really help the other.

And with all the animated Spidey stuff on TV, you have the "Why should I pay for something I can see for free" problem.

If they kept the budget down, they might make a decent profit on it. But, with the murderous competition, anybody expecting MCU level box office for this needs to take off the CBM nerd blinders.

• Like 1

This movie sounded like such a bad idea when it was announced. Even I, the big Spider homer, was like "please, stop with the Spiderman." But Sony has killed it so far with this.

Looks absolutely nothing like the live action movies, which is the key for this being a success. I was expecting a SM1 in animated form. This looks fresher than Alaska mountain air. And Jake Johnson and PAPER BOI. Surprise Gwen Stacy. I think this'll be a hit. 

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

This looks really damn cool. Love how it's like an actual comic book in motion. I think they're really killing its potential with that release date though. Too much competition. Move it to January or something, anywhere where it can actually get a chance to shine and be noticed. 

I think this is fine where it is. Alita and Bumblebee need to move. This fits the Christmas frame more than they do. Poppins is probably the biggest competition but this would get an 11 day head start. Yet if a million movies can ever survive together: it's Christmas break.

Of the 3 animated trailers that have come out this week, this is probably by favorite. I'm still looking forward to Ralph Breaks the Internet more, but I'm really impressed with the animation style here, the comedic moments were pretty effective and it seems to be taking the Spider-Man property in a very intriguing direction.

1 hour ago, Jandrew said:

I think this is fine where it is. Alita and Bumblebee need to move. This fits the Christmas frame more than they do. Poppins is probably the biggest competition but this would get an 11 day head start. Yet if a million movies can ever survive together: it's Christmas break.

"Aquaman" is not competition for this???

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

"Aquaman" is not competition for this???

I said Poppins is the biggest, not the only. That said Aquaman is a wildcard. This is competition for that too as this is clearly aimed more at a kids. Yet "competition" has a different meaning around Christmas. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

I said Poppins is the biggest, not the only. That said Aquaman is a wildcard. This is competition for that too as this is clearly aimed more at a kids. Yet "competition" has a different meaning around Christmas. 

ANd I think the Spidey animated movie is a bigger wildcard then "Aquaman " or "Alita".

Look,not all these big Christmas released are going to make it . At least two are going end up losing money. Yes, the Holiday season is big, but not big enough to make all these films within a short period of time a hit.

MPR is the only one I would say is a pretty safe bet. (And that with the provision that it's at least a decent movie. If it sucks,all bets are off). It will be interesting to see which of the others survive. But th

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dudalb said:

ANd I think the Spidey animated movie is a bigger wildcard then "Aquaman " or "Alita".

Look,not all these big Christmas released are going to make it . At least two are going end up losing money. Yes, the Holiday season is big, but not big enough to make all these films within a short period of time a hit.

MPR is the only one I would say is a pretty safe bet. (And that with the provision that it's at least a decent movie. If it sucks,all bets are off). It will be interesting to see which of the others survive. But th

Okay, well you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think so. It's a fresh take, and it's Spiderman, who is still the top selling solo superhero. Aquaman is a wildcard because we don't know what what will be delivered. Plus Spiderman is on it's 2nd trailer. We've still yet to see as much as a poster from Aquaman, let alone a trailer, so yes it's a wildcard to me.

As I said, Alita and Bumblebee should move. Everything else should be fine. Spiderman, Aquaman, and Poppins can co exist fine over the long holiday based on past history. Seems like another I Am Legend/Chipmunks/National Treasure situation. This is fine where it is.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Okay, well you're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think so. It's animation, it's a fresh take, and it's Spiderman, who is still the top selling solo superhero. Aquaman is a wildcard because we don't know what what will be delivered. Plus Spiderman is on it's 2 trailer. We've still yet to see as much as a poster from Aquaman, let alone a trailer, so yes it's a wildcard to me. It's not guaranteed to be Wonder Woman 2.0, nor is Poppins guaranteed to be a $400 m juggernaut like I've said some say.

As I said, Alita or Engines and Bumblebee should move. Everything else should be fine. Spiderman, Aquaman, and Poppins can co exist fine over the long holiday based on past history. This is fine where it is.

The biggest holiday wildcard is Alita. Aquaman(DCEU)/spiderman/poppins/bumblebee all have existing fanbases that at least provide a floor for box office revenue. While one could argue JC is his own franchise, he's not directing. A lot will depend on how the next Alita trailer is received, and whether it goes viral.

1 minute ago, Pure Spirit said:

The biggest holiday wildcard is Alita. Aquaman(DCEU)/spiderman/poppins/bumblebee all have existing fanbases that at least provide a floor for box office revenue. While one could argue JC is his own franchise, he's not directing. A lot will depend on how the next Alita trailer is received, and whether it goes viral.

Yes I know, which is why I said it should move into 2019 and free itself. As far as movies I feel should stay, Aquaman is the biggest wildcard, imo. Wildcard means more than fanbase.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

three trailers dropped in the last three days for movies with paper boi in them. love how he's everywhere now. this looks good.

Earn's manager skills are ridiculous.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Yes I know, which is why I said it should move into 2019 and free itself. As far as movies I feel should stay, Aquaman is the biggest wildcard, imo. Wildcard means more than fanbase.

We're on the same page then. I think if Alita stays planted where it is, it's a good sign though that JC is supremely confident in the quality of the movie.

40 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

three trailers dropped in the last three days for movies with paper boi in them. love how he's everywhere now. this looks good.

Entire Atlanta cast huge stars now, good stuff

• Like 1