kayumanggi

Spider-Man: Into The Spider-verse | 12.14.2018 | Sony | Phil Lord and Chris Miller

On 11/21/2018 at 7:22 PM, CoolEric258 said:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=mpaa&p=.htm

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=animatedspider-man.htm

Says PG-13 right here. I'm actually even more interested in the movie now with that rating. More adult-oriented animation is always something nice to see, especially one that's not a Family Guy-esque raunchfest.

TBH, I think it'll still do fine with a PG-13. Superhero movies always have a decent-sized family audience, especially Spider-Man, so this will probably still do fine.

What's wrong with a family guy-esque raunchfest? we don't get enough of them 

can't see this grossing more than 110m the animation is cheap and quite terrible, I think people will just wait for the real Spider-Man next year. It looks quite funny though, will download it when it becomes available but doesn't seem to be worth the price of a ticket 

Edited by Jessie
  • Disbelief 2
  • Knock It Off 1

10 hours ago, TMP said:

I feel like people are low-balling this. Wouldn't be shocked if it was #2 over the Christmas death match behind Poppins 2

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I think this has the potential to become THE BEST Spider-Man film ever, but I really don't like the release date and the fact that the movie's worldwide release date is all over the map with confusing and contradictory reports (Google says this will be released in December 20th, but the actual release date is somewhere in January, which blows and I'll have to wait to watch it when pretty much anywhere online I talk films to will have already watched). I think it'll get rave reviews, but it shouldn't be released so close to Aquaman or Mary Poppins. This would DOMINATE February if they had moved there. I think this might end up making less than Venom, when it's obviously the best Spider-Man film between the two, which would be a shame. Here's hoping to be wrong tho. 

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

Unfortunately, I'm not sure. I think this has the potential to become THE BEST Spider-Man film ever, but I really don't like the release date and the fact that the movie's worldwide release date is all over the map with confusing and contradictory reports (Google says this will be released in December 20th, but the actual release date is somewhere in January, which blows and I'll have to wait to watch it when pretty much anywhere online I talk films to will have already watched). I think it'll get rave reviews, but it shouldn't be released so close to Aquaman or Mary Poppins. This would DOMINATE February if they had moved there. I think this might end up making less than Venom, when it's obviously the best Spider-Man film between the two, which would be a shame. Here's hoping to be wrong tho. 

lmao this thing isn't touching Venom. Maybe like $400m worldwide if it's lucky, so less than 0.5 Venoms. Domestically it should do ok tho.

But when even iJack is underestimating a Spider-Man film.... yikes!

• Sad 1

Just now, TMP said:

lmao this thing isn't touching Venom. Maybe like $400m worldwide if it's lucky, so less than 0.5 Venoms. Domestically it should do ok tho.

But when even iJack is underestimating a Spider-Man film.... yikes!

I think the film itself will  be absolutely brilliant with raving reviews. But the whole scattered release date won't be doing this film any favors. I don't think studios understand that these films need some room to breath, and that with how social media works, an worldwide release would help this film's buzz immensely. December it's too crowded.