kayumanggi

BAD MOMS | 07.29.16 | STX | final domestic gross: $113,257,297

At this point these "Bad *insert person/demographic*" comedies are essentially a franchise that somehow almost always tend to do well no matter how much it seems like they won't. 

*Adjusted grosses:

Bad Boys - $131m

Bad Boys 2 - $200m

Bad Santa - $86m

Bad Teacher - $109m

Bad Grandpa - $108m

Bad Moms - $100m? 

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

At this point these "Bad *insert person/demographic*" comedies are essentially a franchise that somehow almost always tend to do well no matter how much it seems like they won't. 

*Adjusted grosses:

Bad Boys - $131m

Bad Boys 2 - $200m

Bad Santa - $86m

Bad Teacher - $109m

Bad Grandpa - $108m

Bad Moms - $100m? 

Bad Words: $7M

:P

• Like 2

Of course it looks silly. But when you are an adult you don't get the chance to be silly that often and that is the appeal of a movie like this. When you have a job and a house and kids and bills and responsibilities sometimes, just like Tom Cruise in Risky Business, you just gotta say what the fuck lol

• Like 2

On 5/3/2016 at 4:34 PM, nilephelan said:

Feel free to bump this post later if it bombs, but this movie is going to be a breakout hit for STX.  It is in a great spot for counter programming to Bourne and Suicide Squad and the trailer had a very good reaction among women.  

I'm going to bump this post and pat myself on the back.  

• Like 4

In previews that started at 6 PM last night, STX Entertainment’s R-rated comedy Bad Moms ended up pocketing a nice $2M in 2,550 theaters. With a budget of $23.2M before Louisiana tax credits knocked it down to around $20M, the R-rated Bad Moms’ has the potential of pulling in a $30M opening weekend. The film is expected to have strong legs; it actually could play out as Bridesmaids did in 2011 which had one heck of a multiple domestically as positive word-of-mouth kept it playing week after week.

:wub:$100M+DOM here we come!

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Anyone seen it yet? I'm thinking of going Sunday...

Yes, I just got back from seeing it tonight. I posted my longer review with spoilers in the RTM. Long story short, it definitely surprised me. I just walked in thinking it was going to be a typical raunchy film with corny over used jokes (which some are) but it was actually surprisingly entertaining to me and I laughed a lot. It does take a bit to get started as the beginning is all set up, but it was worth it to me. I gave it a B, 7.5/10 rating.

• Like 2