Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Box officeworld holds its breath.

Either celebrations or mass meltdowns....

Neither...it'll be a collective ok, that's a very good/great (but expected) #.

Edited by FTF

Early showings have lost its magic because they used to be at midnight/3am which added an element of special-ness. Now it's just a standard 7pm/10pm showing and I thikn that's the reason why recently Thursday showings haven't surpassed $25M even for big openings like Mockingjay and Furious 7 and Iron Man 3.

• Like 2

I gotta say, based on some of he data I was collecting and some of the other predictions around, I went bullish on TA2, so it better not fuck me in the BSG. :angry:

What were your predictions?

I gotta say, based on some of he data I was collecting and some of the other predictions around, I went bullish on TA2, so it better not fuck me in the BSG. :angry:

I changed my OW prediction and the answer to one of the Avengers questions because of you Tele!

If Rth says under 30, then it's not an absolute lock to be over. Rth is the best source you will find on early box office data.

He probably meant: under 300M not 30M

The Star Wars Episode VII trailer is online lol... calm down. And tbh, I'd rather see no trailers in theaters so Episode VII isn't spoiled for me. 

It's 7.5 months away... I'm sure Disney is waiting for Tomorrowland or Inside Out or even Ant-Man (films that could use the extra boost) to start releasing the trailer nationwide.

I do agree that Disney really screwed up not having VII trailers attached to every pre-VII release of theirs from Avengers 2 until Good Dinosaur. And other major releases (Jurassic World, Ted 2 since a lot of nerds like MacFarlane, Terminator, Pixels, MI5, Fantastic Four, Hotel Transylvania 2, Maze Runner 2, Pan, Goosebumps, Spectre, Peanuts, Mockingjay Part 2, The Martian)

His post is a joke based on a post made on the videogame forum NeoGAF after Final Fantasy XIII was announced to be coming to Xbox 360 (the series had previously been exclusive to Sony Playstation for over a decade). It became a meme on gaming forums.

Here is the original

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance. 

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Edited by kswiston