Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Based on the urban reports from Tele/Spizzer and the actual revenue, you have to conclude that the rural areas didn't do as well for previews. Probably will be a lot more backloaded in those rural areas over the weekend.

That said, it's a very good number and I dare say something crazy like $250m isn't off the table by any means. IM3 and TA1 both had a 11 multiplier from their previews to weekend total. $27.6m x 11 = $303.6m. I think it will be more frontloaded than those two, but even so it has the potential to put up a truly jawdropping number this weekend.

Are you kidding. So Avengers did 62m friday minus midnights. Are you saying this has potential to increase to 90m on friday. Specially with saturated release and 3d is avoided like plague by most. I am willing to bet this being sequel to Avengers it will be lot more frontloaded than the 1st one. This needed bigger previews to break OW record. With the reported previews for saturated release I think there is drop in interest from non fans.

While I am not saying this will not break OW record but this preview number definitely make me think there is a possibility this misses OW record and no way on earth this is gonna break OW record by a big margin.

It's a good number, don't get me wrong, but WHY NO 30M+ if shows started at 7PM.

Because Marvel has a more casual fanbase that tends to go to movies on the weekend. Even with 7 PM showtimes, maybe they just don't think of that as the time to go to the movies so they wait until the weekend. $27.6m is still a really good number considering how backloaded this franchise has been in the past. It very well could put up something crazy like $250m this weekend after that preview number.

Because Marvel has a more casual fanbase that tends to go to movies on the weekend. Even with 7 PM showtimes, maybe they just don't think of that as the time to go to the movies so they wait until the weekend. $27.6m is still a really good number considering how backloaded this franchise has been in the past. It very well could put up something crazy like $250m this weekend after that preview number.

But the showtime tracking, and ticket presales... TA2 was pacing ahead of all other comparisons and it accounted for like 95% of tickets sold.

Are you kidding. So Avengers did 62m friday minus midnights. Are you saying this has potential to increase to 90m on friday. Specially with saturated release and 3d is avoided like plague by most. I am willing to bet this being sequel to Avengers it will be lot more frontloaded than the 1st one. This needed bigger previews to break OW record. With the reported previews for saturated release I think there is drop in interest from non fans.

While I am not saying this will not break OW record but this preview number definitely make me think there is a possibility this misses OW record and no way on earth this is gonna break OW record by a big margin.

lol yeah that's nuts.

Harrumph, E. Harrumph.

12% of 27.6M is 3.3M.  This math is wack.

Blaming you guys for making me think a 40M previews number was in the realm of possibility.

Anyway, let's see if it will match TA's 65M Friday. If it does that, then 225M OW is possible.

• Like 1

But the showtime tracking, and ticket presales... TA2 was pacing ahead of all other comparisons and it accounted for like 95% of tickets sold.

Chewy made this point before and I'll make it again here. All that showed is just how small the pre-sales percentage is of the total, plus the fact that previous Marvel movies didn't do much of anything with pre-sales. You did not see them comparing it to Potter, Sith, TDKR/TDK, or Twilight pre-sales.

• Like 2