Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I'll be honest -- I'll be a bit surprised if it comes in under $30m. It was just so massive here in SoCal... though I suppose this area might've over-performed. For example, though, CF did $25m and around here had 45 sellouts and 500-ish showtimes. TA2 had 68+ sellouts and 750-ish showtimes.

Spizzer reported similar trends in the D.C. area. Maybe it's just going to be a lot more backloaded in the rural areas. Seems very possible to me. My town is about 100,000 people. I don't think TA1 was that huge for midnight here but Friday night was an absolute madhouse. Last night the preview shows didn't have any sellouts here but quite a few of them were more than 75% full.

Spizzer reported similar trends in the D.C. area. Maybe it's just going to be a lot more backloaded in the rural areas. Seems very possible to me. My town is about 100,000 people. I don't think TA1 was that huge for midnight here but Friday night was an absolute madhouse. Last night the preview shows didn't have any sellouts here but quite a few of them were more than 75% full.

It's possible. It's too bad BO reporting is archaic. We should be getting regional breakdowns in this day and age.

• Like 1