Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Sellouts aside, one possibility for my over prediction is theaters got too excited and added too many shows. The overall total was impressive, but many of them must've have had lower turnouts than what initially seemed possible.

• Like 1

Wasn't it 200 5 seconds ago ?

No 200+ is assured.

195 is the lowest it will go.

How many times people want to get butthurt about marvel movies on the first weekend of may?

Spiderman then spiderman 3 then TA then im3...

• Like 1

Here's why it's kind of disappointing to me:

TDK did 18.5, TDKR did 30.5, both with proper midnights. Avengers is even bigger and the sequel gets an extra 5 hours of shows and increases less.

Of course TDKR's marketing was amazing and AOU's hasn't been as good.

Because Marvel has a more casual fanbase that tends to go to movies on the weekend. Even with 7 PM showtimes, maybe they just don't think of that as the time to go to the movies so they wait until the weekend. $27.6m is still a really good number considering how backloaded this franchise has been in the past. It very well could put up something crazy like $250m this weekend after that preview number.

You lost me there...

You lost me there...

Did you think after IM3 made $15.6m from early Thursday shows that it was going to make $174m? It was a second sequel and yet look how backloaded that thing was. If TA2 has the same multiplier over the weekend from previews as IM3, it will make over $300m for the weekend. It might sound crazy to you, but something like $250m is still on the table for sure.

• Like 1

A lot of my guy friends were home watching the NFL draft last night and plan on going tonight.  I did notice that the audience at our 7pm showing had more women in it than I would have thought.  Lots of moms and their kids.  At least, a lot more than I'm  used to seeing for something like that.