Plain Old Tele

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Exhibitor Relations

@ERCboxoffice

1m

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON also broke the Thursday IMAX record, grossing $3M, surpassing DARK KNIGHT RISES w/ $2.3M.

View details ·

:ph34r:

Is this where I say...

TDKR only played at Midnights +

or

TDKR was only in 2D

:ph34r:

• Like 4

I really hope the boring numbers end here. Either go over the OW record or crash. Right now I am thinking 195-205M witch makes me sleepy. 

Midnights only versus 7pm though.

Looking at Tele and Spizzer's sellout count I thought 32-35M was on the table since it had more show times and sellouts than BD2 and TDKR with additional 3D bump.

Based on the urban reports from Tele/Spizzer and the actual revenue, you have to conclude that the rural areas didn't do as well for previews. Probably will be a lot more backloaded in those rural areas over the weekend.

That said, it's a very good number and I dare say something crazy like $250m isn't off the table by any means. IM3 and TA1 both had a 11 multiplier from their previews to weekend total. $27.6m x 11 = $303.6m. I think it will be more frontloaded than those two, but even so it has the potential to put up a truly jawdropping number this weekend.

• Like 1

Still can't believe the expectations.

IM3, that worked as a direct sequel to Avengers, with a big boost in OW, "only" did 15,6m.

Age of Ultron literally crushed that number and people act like it did an Interstellar here.

That number is spectacular and pretty much nothing else.

• Like 4