Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

The only way I would've panicked if the movie had not increased from previous one.

$27.6 million previews

$80.4 million on Friday

------

$108 million.

The movie WILL explode today in ticket sales. I will be extremely surprised that this doesnt break at least $100 million for official opening day.

• Like 2

Honestly I don't even see $200m. I'm happy to be wrong though.

You better. I cahnged my predict from 195 to 205 to please you people! :lol:

* But 195 is what ive always had more confidence in and wouldnt be shocked. But like you, seeing over 200 would be awesome.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

It would've hit 30 if they played the new SW trailer at all shows.

I would rewatch the film so many times if I could see the SW trailer on the big screen.

This is a great number and I fully expect this to shatter the OW record. This franchise is much more about children and families than the TDK, HP, Twilight etc.. and I expect today and especially tomorrow to be absolutely massive. We all know what happened when we got the preview number last time. This will likely be more front loaded in terms of the opening weekend relative to its final gross, but not in terms of its first Friday compared to the initial FSS session imo (especially if we look at sequels to films that had an amazing reception). Marvel films have consistently ranked around 10% of its OW numbers during previews and, while I think the percentage will be higher this time around, that leaves more than enough room for this to significantly gain on the first films OW. I am thinking $220m for this at least but we shall see. $190m is still absolutely monstrous, but I see this going much higher.

• Like 1

Because people here want to fail so badly that it is not even funny.

But what would be a fail?

I think we can all agree, that The Avengers, just like Avatar, TDK or THG, was something very special in everything it did. That's nothing you can mirror with a formula for success.

For me it was always pretty sure, that there's not much room for growth and that we should expect a OW slightly above or around the first movie and a total in the 525-575m range and that would be pretty massive and awesome.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 1

SO, now that we have concrete numbers we can finally do some proper crunching.

44% 3D share for the previews, 24/12/8 breakdown for 3D/IMAX/Other (Avengers did 40/8/4), so 4% increase for both IMAX and Other, but hefty drop for standard 3D AND this is only previews, the rest of the weekend should fall even harder.  Still, if it sustains the 24/12/8 breakdown for the full weekend, 21.8M tickets (TA/TDK/SM3) would yield 224M.  The Premium formats have even higher average prices than 3D so they makeup slightly for the decline there.  

However, if the previews were at 44%, then I think it's pretty reasonable to assume that the rest of the weekend will be a little lower, to the point where the full weekend comes out to 40-42%, so closer to 220M IF it sells that many tickets.  

I think apart from LPF and IMAX screens, normal 3D screens will probably drop from TA. The increased ticket prices fro LPF and IMAX will make up some of the difference.

I think apart from LPF and IMAX screens, normal 3D screens will probably drop from TA. The increased ticket prices fro LPF and IMAX will make up some of the difference.

Agreed.