Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

it doesn't seem any film has had a proper midnight only release since 2013 began. 

I think AUJ was the last major film with midnights.

Yep, as usual these numbers are usually more like darts until Rth comes along

Yeah I would trust Rth over actuals.

Not great because of the increased frontloading. I mean, of course it's a solid, good number... but if it holds what it means is that TA2 is barely keeping pace despite being a sequel and 3 years of inflation and a wider IMAX release.

but it still looks to get to an opening over 200m and a total over 500m right? Isn't that what most were expecting? 

In the case of TA1 they were off by close to 25%. Not saying it will happen again, but if it does TA2 is going over $100m by the end of the night.

The way its going by 5PM it will be at 110M OD.

What time does Rth usually come around during these big weekends?

Maybe we should start on sacrificial ceremony to summon him.

Sure, I'll nominate all the trolls who like to go off topic and bring up other movie franchises and brag about numbers like little 12 year olds.  Mods have a tough job to do.

Edited by acetabulum7
  • Like 1

In the case of TA1 they were off by close to 25%. Not saying it will happen again, but if it does TA2 is going over $100m by the end of the night.

Yeah, but TA came out of nowhere. Same with FF7. AoU is a sequel.

No, it doesn't mean that. They would've packed a lot of showtimes into the post-midnight slot (a la TDKR).

Would be having 9AM shows leading right into the day.

The sooner we turn this into a sex thread, the sooner Rth will show

Time to bring Kelli in, then. Every thread she touches turns into the sex thread.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Not great because of the increased frontloading. I mean, of course it's a solid, good number... but if it holds what it means is that TA2 is barely keeping pace despite being a sequel and 3 years of inflation and a wider IMAX release.

And with the impending fight/game 7 on Saturday

• Like 1

I always thought "being a sequel" meant automatic lower numbers, at least according to 95% of the users here.

• Like 1