Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Imagine if Spider-Man played on more than 7500 screens. That's half of what TA2 is playing on. Imagine also 13 years of ticket price inflation and IMAX and 3D tacked on. SM1 doesn't get enough credit for that performance.

It ignited huge interest in the comic book movie genre & has led to tens of billions in franchise revenues trying to copy off it & each other. Was no doubt a landmark moment.

Edited by GiantCALBears
  • Like 1

The number floating around is 250m but I am pretty sure it s over 300m.

Actors had to be paid this time and the ending credits for this movie are nuts.

Thousands of people worked on it, never saw so many names in ending credits.

The vfx houses only, it s insane.

Thanks.

Yes, would seem a bit low. Pretty sure RDJ will earn 50m and more alone...

After this weekend.

TA, AOU, IM3 will have

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME OPENING WEEKENDS 

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME  SATURDAY's

#1 #3 #9 Opening Days

#1, #2, #4 Sundays

(yeah I think AOU will do more then TDK on Sunday ? lol) 

No doubt epic ! 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I see no issue with people bring up Harry Potter. Let them be. It's like when people bring up DC or Marvel or any other film that isn't the film the thread is about. Get a grip, and the hell over it.

You insecure about your film so much that you get salty when we bring up the legendary Harry Potter series? Bye.

tumblr_inline_n9jlniZnHg1qk4lg7.gif

For one, it had a huge ass impact that we will probably never see be matched for a long ass time. Not even THG, as much as I love that series.

Let them be. They have every right to get upset over a film like AOU beating DH2's opening day record by like less than 10M? Lmfao, all because of five extra hours? Okay.

Y'all bring that shit up when it's another movie, so don't be getting fake and all.

tumblr_inline_n9jlmrhHUN1qk4lg7.gif

Harry Potter is the ish and will always be the ish, or at least for a long ass time. Sure, nowadays, Marvel has the upper hand with all the 3D and inflation, but who was the reigning WW champ back in the day? Oh, right.

So, go ahead. Complain and whine about Harry Potter being talked about, and be a fake ass whiny hoe.

I'll read you, eventually, when I'm done playing RE6 with my bestie.

tumblr_inline_n8vs3ilxTt1qk4lg7.gif

OMG <3

• Like 1

2015 be like American Sniper, Kingsman, Spongebob, Insurgent, Grey, Cinderella, Home, Furious 7, Avengers 2... I mean, damn! What a year this has been!

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 3

Underrated box office success of the year: the new Spongebob. The 2004 movie made something like 80M, the sequel makes 162M ten years later. I had no idea kids were still into Spongebob but I guess he's bigger than ever.

What Avenger could be beaten by Potter ?

In a fight?

Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Hawkeye would easily be beaten by Harry Potter. He could also kill Captain America if Cap made a slip, but I think Cap's shield would deflect spells.

• Like 1

After this weekend.

TA, AOU, IM3 will have

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME OPENING WEEKENDS

#1,#2,#3 ALL TIME SATURDAY's

#1 #3 #9 Opening Days

#1, #2, #4 Sundays

(yeah I think AOU will do more then TDK on Sunday ? lol)

No doubt epic !

Cool cool cool...good thing I own Disney...well fraction of it I guess...

Thanks.

Yes, would seem a bit low. Pretty sure RDJ will earn 50m and more alone...

I have no proof but Disney s budget tentpoles are always underestimated.

But, yeah, very expensive movie, probably most expensive movie of the year, and if you had marketing, oh boy.