Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Speaking of higher ticket prices... Dark Shadows took away a large chunk of Avengers' IMAX screens its second weekend because of contractual obligations to WB. Hard to imagine that's happening this time around, so should bode well for AOU's second weekend

Canada is a backloaded market.

I actually think it will do better on Saturday then Friday today. 

If it gets close, Disney will fudge it over the 100M milestone and honestly I wouldn't have much problem with it.

I'm sure Puerto Rico can spare a few bucks

If it gets close, Disney will fudge it over the 100M milestone and honestly I wouldn't have much problem with it.

• Founder / Operator

13 years ago, $100 million in a weekend was an indescribable triumph. Now, the same amount in one day is a potential reality.

Even Disney is probably reacting this way:

waEz7.gif

• Like 23

Previews to Opening day

18.5 to 81 million = 22.8%

27.6 to  95-100million= 29%- 27.5% AOU

IM3: 22.7%

CA2: 27.57%

GOTG: 29.6%

So it is more front loaded , but following past films it looks for 230+ million.

However screw stats I am going with 215. 

At this point, I'm not even sure it'll need Puerto Ricoing to 100M OD. Sellouts have picked up to crazy level and add in saturation, I think Rth comes in with updated estimate of 100-105M. 

In a fight?

Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Black Widow and Hawkeye would easily be beaten by Harry Potter. He could also kill Captain America if Cap made a slip, but I think Cap's shield would deflect spells.

Not sure about Scarlet Witch. She could crush from the inside out.

Canada is a backloaded market.

I actually think it will do better on Saturday then Friday today.

Yah good point. Wasn't a lot of people at the theater overall at my 10p Thurs preview screening. My screening was sold out, but I assume there weren't that many shows scheduled due to, as you said, the nature of the market