Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

MAY 28

prince-of-persia-jake-gyllenhaal-19-2-10

Never forget.

Everytime I'm reminded that I missed this historical, incredible origin story of Shay, I'm sad :(

• Like 4

Everytime I'm reminded that I missed this historical, incredible origin story of Shay, I'm sad :(

BOM deleting everything sucks, that Prince of Persia thread was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I don't even remember specifics anymore, I just remember dying laughing

• Like 6

MAY 28

prince-of-persia-jake-gyllenhaal-19-2-10

Never forget.

Disney has no idea how to market their live-action movies which aren't Lucasfilm or Marvel by the looks of it. Just in the past few years we have had Prince of Persia, John Carter, Lone Ranger, and now Tomorrowland. Tron: Legacy was well marketed IIRC but I didn't follow that movie's marketing closely after the first trailer got them my ticket.

• Like 1

Alright, let's take a look at this shit!

Age%20of%20ULtron_zps0anxs0bk.jpg

That's just Avengers, this was our total attendance all weekend:

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

Yes, you are reading that right, 5,558 today.  This was our second busiest day of the year!  We did more today than we did on Good Friday!  Also, you'll notice that Avengers did more today by itself that we did in total on Friday and Saturday.

• Like 12

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

Yes, you are reading that right, 5,558 today.  This was our second busiest day of the year!  We did more today than we did on Good Friday!  Also, you'll notice that Avengers did more today by itself that we did in total on Friday and Saturday.

Woah, Sunday almost as big as Fri+Previews

• Like 2

Glad to see it corrected itself today with a bigger than expected #. :)

What about the Sunday numbers? I missed all of Sunday, what with the protests, the curfew lifting and National Guard exodus. Now that Baltimore isn't on lockdown any more, look out for a great Monday total! :lol:

• Like 2

• Community Manager

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

I wish that your theater could represent the whole country because damnnnn.

• Like 3

Disney has no idea how to market their live-action movies which aren't Lucasfilm or Marvel by the looks of it. Just in the past few years we have had Prince of Persia, John Carter, Lone Ranger, and now Tomorrowland. Tron: Legacy was well marketed IIRC but I didn't follow that movie's marketing closely after the first trailer got them my ticket.

Tomorrowland they are really having trouble with. I am not sure if that's because it's a truly unique movie or not. The marketing for Prince of Persia, Mars Needs Moms, and John Carter was done with MT Carney as head of marketing, but she was fired from the company, so her bad marketing is gone. The marketing for The Lone Ranger seemed fine.

Some Sunday number please, Rth?

He said potentially much higher than 50M but not as big as TA's Sunday however. My guess is 52-54M. 

Edited by druv10

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

giphy.gif

That is huge!

• Like 1

Friday - 4017

Saturday - 3792

Sunday - 5558

Awesome. Thanks.

I want to visit your theater one day. You said it's the biggest one in Corpus Christi, right?