Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Are people really expecting this to decline from Friday day on Saturday...

Its the first weekend of may people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It foes back to what I said.  They want it to fail because it is popular and they are hoping beyond hope that it will.

Sellouts aside, one possibility for my over prediction is theaters got too excited and added too many shows. The overall total was impressive, but many of them must've have had lower turnouts than what initially seemed possible.

That'e exactly what it was.  We were told to add the midnight shows before we even sold one theater out.  So then we had like 5-6 shows selling at once and it was all spread out.

Edited by Boner Omega
  • Like 1

Marvel and Walt Disney's Avengers: Age Of Ultron exploded out of the gate on Thursday, with $27.6 million in grosses from shows starting last night at 7:00pm. That’s the biggest Marvel movie preview debut ever, well-ahead of The Avengers ($18.7m). It’s behindHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part II which earned $43.5 million in Thursday-at-midnight showings back in July of 2011 as well as, respectively, The Dark Knight Rises ($30.6m), Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part II ($30.4m), Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn part I ($30.3m), and Twilight Saga: Eclipse ($30m). It is just ahead of The Twilight Saga: New Moon ($26.3m), The Hunger Games: Catching Fire ($25.25m),  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part I ($24m), Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ($22.2m), and The Hunger Games ($19.7m). So yes, Avengers: Age of Ultron is the tenth film to top $20m in its Thursday preview debut.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/05/01/box-office-avengers-age-of-ultron-nabs-huge-27m-thursday/

• Like 2

Great number! $27.6 million on a Thursday night in April/May is huge.

If Friday attendance matches IM3 it's OD will be on par with the first Avengers, and if it does around the same day business as the original it might be challenging DH2!

So as the day starts its looking like $80 million (lower end) to $90-95 million (more optimistic end). Either way an awesome start. I do think it'll end up more frontloaded in the long run by a good bit, but it will be interesting to see how the OW plays out.

When Walt Disney reports that Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron earned $27.6 million on its advance-night Thursday showings in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D, it means that, under normal circumstances, we’re looking at what amounts to 9-12% of its opening weekend. So just running those numbers, we’re looking at a debut weekend of $230m-$306m. So does that mean we’re looking at the first $300m debut weekend?  Well I would presume not, but that certainly would snap me out of my relative box office doldrums. But first some box office history for those who came in late.

:unsure: 

• Like 1

why are people finding it disappointing? Marvel movies never have amazing Midnights.

This is not a midnight release. With 7PM release one would think its more accessible to everyone. No way this is a good number after 3 year inflation and 7PM release this is a great number.

This article gets ridiculous as you read on.

For what it’s worth, if Avengers 2 has the same “did 4.2x its Thursday number over Friday” pattern as Avengers 1, the Friday number will be around $118m.

• Like 2